1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Remedies for Eczema

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SR09, Jun 10, 2013.

1. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Can anyone share remedies and cure for eczema please. Appreciate fast response pls. Thank you so much.

2. R2s2

R2s2 Bronze IL'ite

Though there are various reasons for ezema rule out food allergies and contact
    allergies first. Well hydrating the skin such as applying moisturizer with in 2 min
    after bath. The hydrocortisone otc cream really helps to clear out flare ups.
    But the real key is to find out what causes the flare up ( like certain food,
    Soap, deo, washing soap, perfume etc ) It can be idiopathic too.
    Some use the pure glycerin wash like cetaphiyl cleanser ( check the availability in hour area ).
    The excessive use of heaters at home too can cause dry skin.If you are not allergic to coconut
    you can try applying pure coconut oil too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

make sure your skin as always hydrant, eat water based fruits. avoid lemon, tamarind, tomatoes. Go to a doctor to see what type of eczema you have as you might have it in the head as well and thats really irritating, as i suffer from it, you will be given meds but most of all do not stress be positive.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the fast replies. Yes currently using heavy moisturizers prescribed by doctor.
    What I am looking for is there any cure or close to permanent cure like from ayurvedic or any herbal home remedies?
    Someone told to grind one kind of leave and apply for 40days and the itchiness will go away. I don’t know the name of the leave in English , however the name in tamil is “Addu thodatha ellai” (goat do not consume the leave).
    The thing is I have no idea where to get this leave and also not sure of its effectiveness. So if anyone can share something pls do. Thanks so much dear friends.

5. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

I don't know about the goat, but neem has been used for long time to reduce itchiness and also it has antiseptic properties. If it itches, you cannot scratch it as it will leave scars forever.