1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remake of Metti Oli in Hindi-In Sony

Discussion in 'TV' started by CHABOLU, Feb 1, 2012.

1. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Meetti Oli is being remade in Hindi as "shubh Vivah" and will be telecasted in Sony from 27th February. The father's part played by Delhi Kumar will be played by Rakesh Bedi (who ated as Swaroop Sampath's brother in Yeh Jo Hai zindagi). I don't know whether he can do justice to the role like Delhi Kumar

1 person likes this.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chabolu,

Thank you for the information. I loved Metti Oli. Delhi Kumar lived the character. Next to him I liked the performance by the woman who played Saro [2nd sis], Chetan, his mom [The MIL], Kaveri, her husband [maternal uncle to all the 5 girls] and Thirumurugan [director]. Thirumurugan is a brilliant director. With so many characters, he gave necessary focus to everybody's life. Love between Selvam and Leela, was so beautiful.

Chetan was at his best and the role was carefully sculpted. No doubt, he is typical Asian husband [Momma's boy]. How his respect towards his mom unperturbed even when she was unreasonable, was depicted very well.

When the serial was aired, the character Santosh [played by Thiruchelvam] was liked by everyone. He was witty and the dialogues were timely and funny. Pity that he had to leave the serial for Kolangal. I am sure that the directors were pretty bad in terms, because an entire episode was dedicated to bash him after he left.

The woman played MIL was very good. Again, she lived the character. Her dialogue delivery was awesome. Viewers were so used to her character which was a widow woman in white blouse and white holy ash on her forehead, so that when she appeared in another serial with color sarees and big bindi, it didn't feel right.

The rest of the cast Nirmala, Viji, 5th sis, the old lady with MIL, Sindhu were all good too.

I can't wait to see the serial all over again. I don't understand Hindi, but still would love to watch it if I could get with subtitles.

Sorry for the long post. I couldn't resist myself in speaking about it. This and Sondham were 2 mega serials I watched with much interest. :)

P.S:- Does anybody know where can I watch Metti Oli [whole serial] in tamil??

ILT

3 people like this.
  3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

ilovetulips
    i remember that serial again re telecasting in suntv in afternoon time... u can get that serial in many websites as well as youtube but i am not sure whether it has whole part or only few...

happy to see u remembering each and every part in the serial, even i love the serial so much...
    especially, bose venkat, chetan,her mom, viji and thirumurugan romance scenes
    and more SIL who suspects wife( i don't rember his character name, rajkamal is original name i guess)

1 person likes this.
  4. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Dear I love Tulips.
    It was nice going down the memory line through your post. The mother of chetan was played by Shanti williams (who also played tamil's mother in Thendral for some time). She is a good actor.
    You can watch Metti oli in tamilo.com. It is listed in the category ended serials. Happy hours of watching

1 person likes this.
  5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

any idea if Metti Oli is this serial mettina illu in telugu?

6. LoukyaDevi

LoukyaDevi Silver IL'ite

Metti Oli was dubbed in Telugu with the name "Mettala Savvadi". It used to be aired in the afternoon in Gemini.

I used to watch Telugu and Tamil versions as well. As ILT said, I loved Selvam and Leela.

Thanks for the Info CHABOLU, will try to watch Shubh Vivaah but my fav "IPKKND" is being aired at the same time in Star Plus. :)

7. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

oh ok..thanks loukya

8. ILoveTulips

Thanks Subha,
    Yesterday I watched few scenes from Youtube [after so many years]. You are right, there are only bits and pieces. When I watched the scenes yesterday, same Saro's character which I then thought as the Idol of all DILs, now felt funny. Glad to hear all the cliched dialogues like 'Thottu thaali kattina purushana', 'pathu maasam sumandhu, pethu, paaraatti, seeraatti valatha ammaava'... :)

2 people like this.
  9. ILoveTulips

That's great information Chabolu. Thank you. I wanted to watch the whole serial without adverts. This one would provide the same.. Thanks again... :)

10. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

do anybody know what is this selvam doing now ? he used to be one of the best charm tv hero few years back..