1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Sacramento..Please............help?

Discussion in 'Indians in Sacramento' started by sathyama, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sathyama

sathyama New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are staying in Kansas now.Because of the weather,we are planning to relocate to sacramento(actually somewhere in CA). My husband got a job offer at downtown sacramento. We have 3yrs child who is ready to go to preschool. My husband is not happy to stay at downtown apartments due to safety issues.When he contacted the Telugu society,someone has recommended few apartments at Folsom(Iron point at parirre oaks & the falls at willow creek),but it seems bit expansive. We don't have any idea about sacramento. We like to stay where lot of Indians live especially with kids if possible(Folsom or Roseville). So if you could tell me any good ,affordable & safe apartments at Folsom where lot of indians live and also any other places especially Roseville(that person from telugu society recommeded Folsom & his second choice is Roseville).
    But if you know any other good& safe places with indians,please let me know.Please tell me about Folsom & Roseville also(rent,preschool, cost of preschool,any best hospitals to work as a nurse) If you don't mind and PM your contact number or you know any indians work as RN-Registered Nurse,that will be great. I don't know how to send PM.

Thanks.Hoping for some input.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

2. sckadam

sckadam New IL'ite

Hi

we are moving to Roseville CA end of this month, please recommend some good affordable and safe apartments with Indian neighborhoods in Roseville area CA.

Thanks

3. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I was born and raised in Sacramento i just moved to Orange county,ca the safest neighborhood I ever lived in was Greenhaven in Sacramento it is quiet and not too far from downtown. Lakshmi Narayan Mandir is about 10 minutes from there try zip code 95831 there are reasonable apartments in that area and the schools are pretty good. Hidden lake is good, and so is windbridge village try to stay away from greehaven oaks roseville and folsom are a bit far from downtown there are not many south indians in sacramento mostly punjabis and fiji indians but if you are looking for safety and reasonable rent the apartments in the greenhaven area are good. I myself lived in windbridge village and there were a couple indian families in there. hope this helps

Shobhna

4. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

Hi

I agree with OCdesigirl. One of my friend has been living in Folsom for 6 yrs now. There are couple of apartment complexes near Mercy Hospital which is in Folsom. Its a good and safe area. Rent wise, its very economical ( cheaper than bay area). I think the apartment complex near mercy ( I think its called "Falls" or something) is nice.

5. sreelurocx

sreelurocx New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Newbie to Sacramento , Enjoying yet. Myself- Sree, have 2 yr old.. Will be fun to gather up for fun activities and chats.
    Is anyone up for a drive up the mountains for free snow sledding experience with kids? I am planning on one would be great with a good company!