Relocating to Delhi- Pls help!

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by joevina, Dec 17, 2014.

1. joevina

joevina New IL'ite

I am new to the group. We are relocating to Delhi. I have 2 sons. Eldest is in Std 5 and the younger is in Std 2. They are in Matriculation schools in Santhome,Chennai.
    Would like to know about housing ,rent, schools etc n Delhi. Am more worried about the schooling, cos my kids have just started to learn Hindi. Does Delhi have only CBSE boards ? Is hindi compulsory?

Thank you
    Joevina

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I recently moved to Delhi. Which part you will be relocating to?
    For school admissions, pls start immediately to look for schools becoz the admissions usually start by end of Nov. Classes commence from April. Hunt for all the schools, call them and fix an appointment.
    For my daughter we kind of came a week before the final move to fix the school... attended interviews and took tests back to back. Based on the school we decided our house to rent. So for that also this week helped.
    To my knowledge most of the schools are CBSE only... apart from convent schools. Yes Hindi is compulsory at least until 5th standard becoz that is the second language here. I think your elder one will have a choice to go for some other language like Sanskrit or French. But that also depends on the school - there are few schools that offer other languages as second while Hindi becomes third language. You may want to ask the school.
    It is very difficult to get admissions, keep that in mind. All the Best.
    The teachers are very understanding and ready to help esp. Hindi language problem. My elder one is studying in BGS International school, Dwarka. Right from day 1, they are helping her a LOT. In fact the first two FA exams, the teacher set separate took my DD to her room and helped her understand the questions. But yes it takes LOT of effort to learn the language but thats just for us elders!! Kids are picking up just like that, so dont worry :-D