1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships: Sweet N Sour

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your encouragement and fb.

What else could I expect from our queen of positivity?:hearteyes::clap2: Thanks, dear Anusha, your positivity is infectious.

Btw, your infectious positive attitude reminds me of my poetry, A Prayer For Love

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

OMG! I am humbled by your words. Very sweet of you to say that.
    What a beautiful poem. :)

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, dear.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Such a Beautiful Poem.I wish every human being has to get infected with "LOVE" ☺️ The true Love..

GeetaKashyap and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed reading every bit of this story Geeta. ☺️

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

@GeetaKashyap your writing is so engaging- I really enjoyed reading. But it's also scary to think how living in joint families can become daily tamasha.
    I don't like personality of Veer how he handles . I feel that she left her Singapore job for him but he always treats her like an immature kid . But all in all it's a happy family. And as his mom is a widow, so I feel that he should keep her with him - even though she may be physically fit but no one can live alone.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Amen.
    Thank you, Ammu.:hearteyes:

8. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, dear Ammu,:hearteyes: for this nice feedback.

9. GeetaKashyap

@nakshatra1 ,
    Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.
    I guess 'Tamasha' will be there, it is upto each member of the family to decide how much he/she wants to contribute to it!

Veer is a very ordinary man; trying to take things easy. Out of tradition and upbringing, he cannot be stern with his mother. At the same time he is caring and duty bound, that is a good reliable trait.

Meethi is indeed immature, the real reason for not taking up a job is because she wants to be just a homemaker. She is the daughter of well heeled parents, husband is also doing good so this lady prefers to spend her time lavishly.

Regarding nuclear or joint family set up, taking a single hard decision is very tough as every decision has its own pros and cons. @Rihana and @Greenbay have explicitly expressed their choice & opinion. @aarthi28 and you have shown some softness towards the mil. So opinions and individual experiences always vary according to our personalities and all are right in their perspective!:thumbup:

A friend who was a part of the joint family separated from her in-laws and shifted into a new apartment nearby recently. When I asked her opinion, she said, honestly living in the joint family was better! According to her, all the responsibilities were divided, in-laws took care of kids whenever she went out, expenses were shared and hence savings were substantial. Privacy and individuality were the only missing factors in the joint family. In the past the Tamasha was with in-laws and now it is exclusively with the husband.:p:eek:

Perhaps a suitable arrangement could be reached if every member behaves responsibly understanding where their freedom ends and premarital counselling for all is my recommendation.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    nakshatra1 and aarthi28 like this.
  10. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Very true @GeetaKashyap, your characterization is good.Have seen a few men with that kind of personality struggling to balance .

I myself feel that for first few years of married life couple should live with nuclear- when elders become physically sick to be independent or if one of them becomes widow(as in your story) then they definitely should not be living by themselves-it's our duty to bring them in and take care. And for my case as a future MIL, I never want to be burden on my kids in old age -because it takes a lot of sacrifice/24 hours restriction etc to take care of elderly-so I don't want joint family when my kids would be married. Time will tell of course, but this is my present view as I don't like burdening anyone .

Anusha2917, Mistt and GeetaKashyap like this.