1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships: Sweet N Sour

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Gurugale I loved your narration as always. Dialogues and screen play was simply enjoyable :worship2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Perfect entertainer :roflmao::roflmao:

No doubt about existence of such mean creatures around us.

THough I wanted to enjoy more and more humorous dialogue of yours..I really felt happy that story ended with three parts. :facepalm: I really can't with stand their sheepish behavior :BangHead: (I didn't expect I would bang myself in the climax :lol::lol:)

somewhere Veer's position is miserable :eek:

Highlight of the epi they got compromised easily with their sugar quoted words:beer-toast1: People can certainly follow this idea!!
    Mean you are, Mean I am!! Simple.

Thank for this cool entertainer. Keep rocking.

You have chosen the perfect image!! :)

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, dear @SpringB, For this comment.

Tom, Jerry and Bluto- These can't live with each other and can't live without each other! The characters in the story interchange their positions according to the circumstances. Ultimately, every one of them silently/stealthily competes with each other for one-upmanship. Surprisingly, this quest is common in most families!:beer-toast1: :rolleyes::BangHead::boxing::crybaby2::chatter::scream::smash2::thinking::sleep::thumbsup: Every day is a new beginning.:D

periamma and SpringB like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I sometimes feel sorry for the Indian man who has mom living with him and his wife. : ) Nothing he does will ever seem right to both the women in his life. : ) Feel more sorry for him than for his wife. : )

The way the non-pregnancy has been portrayed is so real. Families start to bicker over it even with period late by one day.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Sarcastically this is so very true ..

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, dear Adharv, it always feels good to receive your encouraging feedback.

Dear, at the core almost all of us are like that only (basic human nature), otherwise, do you think there would be so many inter-personal issues? When a dil complains, we think it is always mil's fault. When a mil feels ignored/neglected, she complains and we sympathise with her and ditto between the husband and wife also. We go with the one who cries forgetting that it is a one-sided version of the truth! Often we ignore the other side of the truth and our sympathies are ultimately with the character we identify ourselves with! So our unconscious judgements are always biased. (My observation:sunglasses:)

If possible watch this Hindi movie, Ek Ruka Hua Faisla. This movie by Basu Chatterjee clearly shows how our prejudices influence our POVs and decisions.

Didn't he establish his one-upmanship in the end? He too ensured to settle scores!:grinning-smiley-048::cool:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    periamma and Adharv like this.
  6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:thumbup: agree to an extent. Self analysis madtha idhini Gurugale ;)

Good Night!!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Thanks for your comments, dear Rihana.

I agree with you partly. Yes, when the mother and wife are at war, his position becomes really awkward. Some time ago, I met an MCP relative who openly said that he follows the 'divide and rule policy' at home so that both his mother and wife are on their toes to impress him and he gets the best of treatment. He continues to be their cynosure!

Most Indian men never grow up even after they themselves become grandfathers. They are often so well protected by their possessive parents and the social settings that a wife has to step up her services and defences a lot to compete with his parents and get him onto her side of the battlefield. Our Relationship forum has such stories every day.

And Pregnancy remains such a hot topic, unbelievable!:nono: Everyone keenly keeps a track of her periods and loss or gain of her weight from day one! It is as if there is a prize for the one who discovers her pregnancy first; right from the immediate family to the neighbourhood and the office colleagues. God bless our Indian mentality; forever they are ready to scream, "Badhai ho" and then ask for laddoo!

Rihana likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I put the blame squarely on the living together. I cannot imagine more than two adults in a household living peacefully unless the older parent or parents are living with the younger ones because they cannot live by themselves.

More specifically, a person who is older but very mobile, very active, very involved in day to day of household, not yet past mentally past grihastha ... is tough to have around always. Two's company, three's none. Sorry. Someone other than spouse knowing when period is due or late....... :facepalm:

I can't imagine or rather couldn't imagine living with my own grown sibling(s) in the same house. The few months or year or so that we did live together after all of us were earning, there was significant disagreement over TV, kitchen, drawing room arrangement and other small-small stuff.

9. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, dear peddadas, for your cryptic comment. Looks like you grasped the core of the story.:thumbup:

10. GeetaKashyap

If you start self-analysis, sleep will elude you till it is time for Good morning!