1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear Seniors/Veterans,
    Please do not stop from participating in the relationship forums. It is very essential to have balanced view on a issue. These views have helped and will help in future as well.
    From me as person, has definitely helped to step out of a situation and analyse it. Thought process itself has changed.
    Applying it in everyday routine makes life more interesting.
    "Let go" was not easy for me. " Ignoring" certain taunts was not easy, " listening" was never happening from my end. Certain old school of thoughts on culture, food have given reassurance.Hav learnt "Positivity" makes a huge difference. I can go on with my list. Will stop here for now. There is lot more to learn from here.
    :worship2:

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

These aspects have helped both in persoanl and professional life.

Rihana and kkrish like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Excuse me....... :blush: Relationship nation wants to know..... seniors means? veterans means? :tongueout: Is there some award? : )

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. Rihana

Not hurt, more like it caused me to pause. Got a little tired of the hugs and poor-you's being shared with no concrete steps OP could take.

Once a person with a toddler has made a choice to stay on in an abusive marriage, has decided to bring another child into the marriage, there is a responsibility on that person to examine one's choice, behavior, reasons for choice, and continue to do so periodically so that the marriage and household remain liveable. Suggesting that is not devil's advocating, shaming the victim or cruel.

===============

On to a lighter thought.. I was thinking to myself.. if I were younger and had issues, would have liked to have you as resource #1 for steps/solutions. : ) Was recalling some chota-mota stuff of long ago, and thought:
    tab ym hoti hoti to kaisa hota
    ym yeh kehti, ym woh kehti
    ym is baat pe hairan hoti
    ym us baat pe kitni hasti
    ym hoti to aisa hota

( at that time if yellowmango was there, then how would it be. ym would say this. ym would say that. ym would be shocked at that. ym would have laughed to hear that. )

GoneGirl, ashima10, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I have been pretty harsh on her previously .
    I feel it is all her fault .
    Having children through ivf for an abuser.....i just close my eyes and shake my head.
    Had she been my sister...I would have physically gone and shaken her up and told her to stop digging a hole for herself and her children.
    It is threads like that which make me want to stay away from the forum.

Now she is pregnant......kya karein.....

Glad you are fine and posting now.:)

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Means...aunty .:)

8. Rihana

Dang. Was hoping for at least Ma'am. : ) Then, I could look up elegant chignon styles to suit the title.

yellowmango likes this.
  9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

You know it better ...:grinning: mam...

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

General question on how to tell host about changed holiday plans... Reunion of sorts happening in a U.S. city over the Sept long weekend. Mix of friends from college and first job. One friend's kid getting married. Usually, people living in the reunion venue city host visiting families, one each.

Four of us going. Three nights. The family hosting us is a couple with both kids in college. Was going to be just them two and us four. Now, got a text that her brother, his family and in-laws, and one cousin from India (total 7 ) will also be there at that time. 13 in the house. : ) She says we can go to the National Park etc together in their minivan and our rented one.

Not going to work for us. I have to text or call back and say we'll stay in a hotel or airbnb. Tell it frankly, or come up with an excuse? I don't mind their change of plans. Family comes first.

I told DH we'll stay one night (landing at 11 pm) and then find some excuse like luckily found a cabin available near the natl park.... he says no way.

Would they be offended or relieved if we tell them we'll stay in a hotel? I hate these whatsapp exchanges. Half hoping she reads this : ) but she is totally not into internet, social media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.