1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

No problem behna. Feel free to speak your mind as I shall do mine.

SGBV likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Cant wait for more threads from u.. summer will be interesting...been a little rustic on the rel forum front..time to give some gyaaan:smilingimp:
    Kids are supposed to be doing it...chalo thik hai...moms will nudge kids and get things moving thoda sa....now moms need nudging and bail outs... :yikes::nono:
    Sigh....mine too...sab ke sab(all of them) :smash2:

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Ok I really want to join ur whats apps groups...,I'll buy u a nice dinner...thik? U seem to have all the action..My groups are useless....one good morning followed by a dozen god pics or happy birthday/anniv ...kuch hota hi nahin hai yaar (nothing interesting ever happens in my groups) .
    Topic for the the next thread..how do u land urself in such interesting whatsapp/FB groups?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Shanvy and SunPa like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Churn fake news and alternative facts?:rolleyes:

justanothergirl likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@justanothergirl i agree. I have two groups that compensate for all the things like the forward 7 times. Lol. The Naga Pushpa and the trump showing mahaperiyava's pic. Omg where do these people find the time.

And I have never been and will never be part of the parent's gang from school or college. Not on fb so saved. Hear a lot of complaints about getting added to groups or pages without your interest or nod by over enthusiastic friends.

Well coming back to one of the two groups.. one we discuss loads of articles from education to politics to legal rights. What makes it interesting is that all of us are voracious readers and are from different fields and bring a view to the table. Lets you grow a lot. We do time-outs too to keep our sanity.happy to be part of this one.

Anisu and justanothergirl like this.
  6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Since has introduced herself as Dr Madhavi, you should use it while introduction her. You can drop Dr once you are very familiar.

You would Not shorten someones name without asking them and Doctors earn the prefix so use it , what's the harm or ask her preference.

Rihana and SGBV like this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

The thing is jalne wale jalthe rahenge.

One should not be cynical for every little thing and over analyze.

If people worked hard and want to show off let them, if one is above show off ignore it.

Plus Doctors are different ,their profession allows them keep prefix , it may not be show off may be a habit .

deepthyanoop likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Introduction....
    Hi girls,meet Dr Madhavi.
    Madhavi.....meet my friends , Eena ,Meena and Deeka.
    :rolleyes:If Madhavi wants to be friends...she won't mind dropping the Dr. after the intro.
    If she minds...then may be you should take appointments with her instead of calling her for potluck.

GoneGirl, Rihana, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

That poor Madhavi is going to get pointed out as " this is madhavi, not a real doctor, but we should call her a doctor.... because, that is what she likes".

Rihana likes this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Poor Dr Madhavi

Generally the Drs earn their prefix, and casually use it everywhere.

We have a new friend in our neighborhood,who is a Dr. Sadly we've become friends only after her Dr title - not before that.
    Initially she introduced herself as Dr K..., since we used to call our friends with their short first name, we started to address her as Dr. It became like her first name now.
    No one bothers about this.

There are high professionals in the group than this DR.
    There are Phd holders and doctorates in other fields. But they never used their prefix as a first name. But many medical doctors use their prefix as first name. So, hard to isolate or blame this lady for that.

Even in IL forums, you can find many anonymous IDs of Drs, starts with Dr...

sindmani and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.