1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Nicely put. "Survive to fight another day" is a very useful life's lesson, indian or otherwise....

She Stoops to Conquer is a comedy by Anglo-Irish author Oliver Goldsmith that was first performed in London in 1773:
    Wealthy countryman Mr. Hardcastle arranges for his daughter Kate to meet Charles Marlow, the son of a rich Londoner, hoping the pair will marry. Unfortunately, Marlow prefers working-class women, finding them less intimidating than women of high society. On his first acquaintance with Kate, the latter realises she will have to pretend to be 'common' to get Marlow to woo her. Thus Kate 'stoops to conquer', by posing as a maid, hoping to put Marlow at his ease so he falls for her.

justanothergirl likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

well well well.. if thread was my drawing room, I would hastily dust furniture for Ragini to sit. : )

Rags, was just thinking of you when we were passionately discussing an EMA that happened when ym was a teenager... the case of the airhostess/model vs hairy legs & pants aunty. : )

3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmm I call 'Rih ji' everywhere, don't I? Being the 'queen of millennials' , isn't that equal to 100 votes #Rajini style? Yet she goes.....! *eyeroll*. I'm with you rags, *radio silence* !! :D

Hello Ms RihMinusJi. Not talking to you, Happy 100th by the way. :yum:

Rihana likes this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Rih-ji,
    Thanks for the chair.

More often than not - irrespective of gender - its less often the looks (contrary to popular thought) but some other mental connection that causes it. Well, no matter the reason, never to be condoned (contrary to what m2018 or few others in the cheatingroopini thread may have suggested as 'open to sympathy'), since one ought to catch oneself before its too late, handle or get out of the current monogamous arrangement first (if you are so serious abt goin for the side action). Else everyone can justify other crimes too - "i did it before i could catch myself", or felt 'weak' at that moment type justifications.

@kaniths 100th what for Rih-ji? Now, pls. enforce my #radiosilence you are the #enforcer

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rags, we will all pro'lly continue our never-ending EMA related discussion with breaks for life and other threads... but no name calling or creative use of member names.

kaniths, I had to sleep on it to get what the "100th" meant. 100 pages in this thread! Thank you!

Amica and suasin like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

But you have the 'chair'! ;) You are the enforcer! Self, and thats how it works too! Good luck. :D

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

A good friend is a "buyer" for a large American Company. She travels far, stays in swanky hotels, and meets local businesses who want to sell their wares to her company. Her company also has "captive shops" that can make designs* from forin. Companies would keep their captive shops in survival mode -- just enuf incentives to remain open, keep physical/human resources on life support funding, etc..-- just so they can use them, in case their non-captives try to haggle harder for a better deal, or cut their supply completely.

I was reminded of that, and more, when I read
    *There is a large clothing store in Seoul where one could buy nice clothes that have no labels put on yet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thought that way too. The move to India fixed that thought for good! It's so easy to go for three weeks yearly vs living in the country. I still remember the washing machine buying story, DH sans t-shirt story, Dad waiting by the bathroom with shaving cream for DH because we shave daily story, DH taking Mom, MIL and DD on one of his annual Sabrimala piligrimage story........
    It's so endearing when it's my Mom and Dad but my DH doesn't think so. I have such short stories with PILs too.

9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

I wish I had this gem of wisdom handed to me 2 decades ago. But then maybe I wouldnt have got it.

Sila vishayangal pata daan puriyum, sila vishayangal patu-patu daan puriyum.

sokanasanah likes this.
  10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

And YM too (last one to think so). Very first/second post of OP on that thread is clear indicator of troll. Some trolls are bit fuzzy and clever and I know some of ya'll give lots and lotsa benefit of doubt. This one though very easy to spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.