1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

upload_2019-6-10_21-16-58.png

a slide from the demotivational presentation series

Attached Files:

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

upload_2019-6-10_21-56-25.png
    This cartoon's caption goes:
    "Whenever I get annoyed with him, he does that and I'm blinded by desire"

I just fell off my chair, and almost brought my laptop down!!

SinghManisha likes this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Ha! "Wear a helmet!", quoth the Bird of Paradise!
    B-of-P Hook-Up
    :wink1:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Amulet likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Actress Revathi. (could be . It's my guess). :grin:

Amulet likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thanks. Revathi is a name in our family!!
    I went and checked wikipedia and found this.
    She was born in 1966, and had her first (only) baby at age 47:
    Personal life[edit]
    [​IMG]
    Photo: Revathi pledging to be an organ donor

Revathi married cinematographer and director Suresh Chandra Menon in 1986. The couple didn't have any children. However following differences between them, they started living separately from 2002 and were granted divorce on 23 April 2013[9] by Chennai Additional Family Court.[10] As of 2018, she revealed that she has a five-year old biological daughter named Mahee through In Vitro Fertilisation. she speaks Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, and English.

yellowmango and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes people go to the webMD site and posit their symptom in the search window and click "enter". And they really enter a whole new world of possibilities in maladies that they never knew about.
    Me Likey !! Sandya is imaginative and enthusiastic. Vigilant for those moments in life when ordinary people don't feel that there are secretive conspiracies going on, and they ought to worry, but they don't know what/how/where/who ....any of it. Too quiet and peaceful. Disturbingly ominous. Suspiciously unsuspicious. :kissingheart: Brilliant!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin is a series of novels written by David Nobbs. He also adapted them for a British sitcom starring Leonard Rossiter in the title role. It was produced from 1976 to 1979. He adapted the screenplay for the first series from the novel. Some of its subplots were considered too dark or risqué for television and were toned down or omitted.

The story concerns a middle-aged middle manager, Reginald "Reggie" Perrin, aged 46, who is driven to bizarre behaviour by the pointlessness of his job at Sunshine Desserts. The sitcom proved to be a subversion of others of the era, which were often based on bland middle-class suburban family life. <from wiki>

backstory for the episode linked below:
    Reggie fakes a suicide (by leaving all his clothes at the water's edge on the beach and disappearing), and comes back to remarry his "widowed" wife, and then finds a job swilling pigs. His wife secretly goes and gets a job in his old employer's firm, Sunshine Desserts.

yellowmango and Sandyr46 like this.
  8. Anusha2917

This is great advice. While there are challenges to it, one should be strong and should fight for something like this.
    My parents are perfectly normal now ,mom still in service. But I have already started putting in my husband's ears that when comes a situation where one has to be alone be prepared I'm gonna bring one along with me and keep.

SinghManisha likes this.
  9. Anusha2917

So how does this work :

Few ILites are posting how they don't like/hate/can't stand their husbands. But they go on to have kid/kids with the same person they have mentioned.

How does love come into picture when there's hatred.

I know what it takes to have a kid (scientifically) . But isn't love also a main ingredient before one decides to have kid/kids. ?

SinghManisha likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Most girls [especially the ones who are not employed, or quit work on marrying] in arranged marriages to a husband they hardly know, have to achieve "belongingness" in their new household. The quick way to achieve that is to beget a child right pronto. < see linked case in another post where wife tells court that she needed to have a baby to establish her legal rights>

And this immediate child scheme is done at a great risk to herself. She'd end up losing her premarital figure (and hence the "affection" of her man), and get stuck with taking care of a baby for a good long time. She is hormone influenced to take care of baby -- no matter what other pain/suffering she has to endure -- and willing to endure all, for years to come. Perfectly primed to be a slave. And since her bargaining position is much weakened now, she has to comply with her husband's needs, and is likely to get pregnant again. And spiral down into full slavery for her. Sure, there is anti-cruelty law, like 498A statute; but then, sending husband and in-laws into jail without bail, would ruin her finances (remember that he is a good father, and a great provider, but only nasty/cruel to her), and she'd be in the street, begging for gruel for the kids.

Love ? Not an ingredient in many lives. People go to movies to see it; when you are at the movies the next time, and the screen is bright, turn around and look at the open mouths of other movie goers watching the love-number-song on screen.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Vaikuntha, BhumiBabe, suasin and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.