1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

+ 1.

We can also start helping womankind by raising our daughters to stop needing the validation of a man so much. It starts in their early teens. The snap chats from Jimmy and Johnny helping them feel good about themselves. The big poster proposals for hoco making them feel relevant. We can really help very young girls feel confident about themselves by teaching them that their opinion of themselves hold more water than a snap, a poster, an opinion of a boy. They are so much more than what a boy thinks of them. Ever since I've become involved in the community with some non-profit I've become very aware of young women doing anything to get the attention of the wrong boy that continues well into adulthood. If we work on their self-esteem very early in life, they will make the right choices moving forward.
    Also, if you have the time, you could do some work for local non-profits centered around women's issues. It's an eye-opener. I didn't think I would be seeing this in the United States.

sindmani, Amica, Rakhii and 2 others like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:shakehead:

Her biggest mistake was getting pregnant with the scumbag .
    If a man can't get his pregnant wife from hospital..he does not deserve to be a father.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. KrishnaPriya3

KrishnaPriya3 Silver IL'ite

How come??
    :rolleye::scream::nono::rage:

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There's a right way and a wrong way to do this. The proper way for a married couple to deal with such mishaps is for the husband to put the game on SiriusXM and go pick her up; then spend the rest of his life reminding her about how about his sacrifice, about how she (or better yet, women) just cannot plan properly, which then becomes her cue to urge him to get pregnant and see how he likes it. And thus they carry on in holy matrimony, mortifying their eye-rolling teenage daughters who like can't even like beee-lieeeeve they're like still arguing about something that like happened before they were like born even. Whatevvvverrr.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 here is a Bharathnatyam class above all. :lol: :lol:

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Interesting to read. I am not sure middle and upper middle class western families with children delay divorce for the sake of children (as a norm). I learnt the hard way not to assume a mommy looking person is necessarily a child's mom at school pick-up time. "Andy, your mom is here, you can go", I told a kindergartener. Young Andy with a backpack more than half his size bounced up the stairs casually telling me, "Oh that is not my mom, that is my step-mom, my mom picks me on Fridays."

You have a way with words. I mean that in a nice way. Not implying that you are casing bull in fine words.

Comparisons, yes. Humor? Indians use humor to tide over deep funk?

7. KrishnaPriya3

KrishnaPriya3 Silver IL'ite

:roflmao:OMG!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha :)

9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Why do we over-glorify the pregnancy stage? If the woman is carrying the man’s child for 9 months in womb and forever in her heart, then the man is also carrying the responsibility of his child and wife on his shoulders for his whole life.
    If a pregnant women missed her prenatal pill one day, does it mean she is neglecting her responsibility? May be something came up and hence missed it. She prioritized something else over taking the pill. Why not the same for this man here.. for once, he might have prioritized football match over picking up pregnant wife.
    May be she is just 2 months pregnant where she can just take care of herself. May be she just went to pick up a report.

Anyways, the whole point is.. i assumed pregnancy as a glorified, pampered, etc etc phase from movies, others.. but when in reality i was hugely disappointed for petty things like H not accompanying for hospital visits, not creating an environment where i would be pampered.. He has other important things to take care of too.. i would have very well managed myself. If i cant take care of myself as a grown up adult, how would i take care of newborn?

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are missing the point. hindsight we all could (and should) have planned better; including not marrying a man who would deny help to his wife. Pregnant or not, if I need help, I ask hubby. Isnt that what families are for?
    If football were a priority over my needs, fine. I suppose there is nothing wrong with it. We simply arent on the same page in the relationship. We are not even in the same book. She did go without his help to the appointments. She just needed a ride back. Even if she forgot her money or didnt have any, is it fair to punish a spouse because "she didnt plan better?"
    I personally dont believe so. But you do have a point.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.