1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

:thinking:

I give up, before rgz comes and tells me I should focus on my life and not wonder too much.

rgz, I am kidding ok ! It’s Friday , This is my idea of letting my hair down ( after pulling it because my kids have driven me crazy all week ). So hope you will not mind. Same for you @shravs3 ( I know you can take a joke )

Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you Manisha. I was talking from personal experience. When I earned in $$$ I was treated very differently than when I took a back seat and a lower paying job in India for my DH’s career. Then the special needs child came along and I gave up my job completely to first take care of a micro preemie and then to help my ASD child. I’ve heard so much in the following years. The first decade was very different than the subsequent years. This is despite having minimal contact, supportive spouse, control of finance etc. I wrote that with my own experience. People won’t change their basic nature but money especially foreign currency can make a lot of people tow the line.

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

parse boo+chan+di ==> my guess is “female of the child scarer”

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sunshine04 and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

May be scarecrow :relaxed: Will scare everyone away if they spoil my beautiful life and protect myself from evil minded people :smilingimp:

SinghManisha likes this.
  6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I hope so.
    Accepting might start with 'respect' towards money yielding women ... as we have now a mindset that equals money(only)to a person's worth.
    However, I don't know if we can grow ourselves up to a point to genuinely respect a person for the person they are. On what they add to a family in many ways not just money. That will be a day!

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Laks09, Thanks for sharing your experience. I have had quite a different experience where Inspite of having a job, I have been told I am not good enough ( not necessarily or solely by in-laws ). Luckily , my job gave me the self confidence and I have not been bogged down by comments like this. I am confident in my capabilities and know that I do not have to prove anything to anyone.
    I know you are a very capable woman, wonderful mother and wife based on all your responses I read. People that assess your worth based on the $$$ you earn are definitely ignorant.

Laks09 and Sunshine04 like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

K’gaard tells that Regrets are forever:

“If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; if you marry or do not marry, you will regret both; Laugh at the world’s follies, you will regret it, weep over them, you will also regret that; laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both; whether you laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it, believe her not, you will also regret that; believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both; whether you believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both. Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will also regret that; hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the sum and substance of all philosophy.”

It is all pretty much the same for women, but without a lot of control over getting to economic opportunities, money, her own body, or life.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Laks09 and joylokhi like this.
  9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If someone ask me that question, by default my response will be " what about you ". :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    SinghManisha, shravs3, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Whataboutism - Wikipedia
    There are different ways to deal with the not-good-enough comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.