1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Same situation here.
    Took a toll on our marriage and kid.
    I am in depression even today even after being on medication.
    It's not easy to say NO

2. Sunshine04

Thank God. Your DH has some sense

shravs3 likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes else I would go mad :smash2:
    And because of that he asks me not to post too many pics on social media as people tend to think grass on other side is greener.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Random question... Is married son lying on mom's lap weird? I keep hearing from my friends how annoying it is to see that kind of mom-son behaviour when MIL visits. I dont have any first hand experience as my DH is the least expressive guy. But I do have a 2 year old son. I know may be I am thinking too much ahead, but I dont want to be the over bearing MIL my friends talk about, at the same time I dont understand what is the problem in son showing some love on his mom during the short vacation. What am I missing?? :)

Anusha2917, shravs3 and Rihana like this.
  5. Sunshine04

NO

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ROFL... : ) Thank you Thank you Thank you for the random question. I was actually thinking of requesting thread to be closed and new one started as this became too heavy thanks mostly to my posts only.

>>> Is married son lying on mom's lap weird?
    I'd like to add one more to that. Is mother feeding married son food by hand weird? (food = rice mixed with sambhar).

My brief take on that: Weird, like beauty, lies in the eyes of the beholder.

My weird take on that: Depends. There are ways and degrees of lying on mom's lap. The dressing of everyone involved. The context of the lying down. Is it just lying down or is the mom running her fingers through son's hair. What is the wife doing meanwhile.

Ideal would be the man lying with head in mom's lap and feet in wife's lap while she is giving him a foot massage.

=====
    Weirder: What about married daughter lying on visiting father's lap while her husband is nearby watching TV?

Generally speaking the wife might be fine with it if the husband also shows his love for her similarly. Does he feel comfortable giving his wife a hug when his parents are around? A no reason hug. A "great to see you" hug after a long day? Or, should such hugs be saved for when his parents leave?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    jillcastle and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is not fair to thus place the blame on OP there. That time management post you are talking about says at the very beginning that OP's 3 year old doesn't go to daycare/playschool etc. OP has been "pushing for it" and the "family finally agreed" but will only be starting a few days in the week initially.

When sending a 3 yr old to preschool takes so much fighting for and needs "approval" from family, I doubt the OP is guilty of "trying to do it all by herself."

When family knows a woman is trying to get back on track with studies/career, needs some hours to study, and does not agree to send 3 yr old to daycare, in the U.S. where reliable daycare options are so many for the 2.5+ age group, I don't know what to say.

Yes, OP there can say "NO" and "learn to do less" but having to fight like this for every single thing takes the humanity out of a human being.

I don't know... I take a very poor view of people who sit around doing nothing while one person slogs away from sunrise to midnight and all days of a week.

I was a SAHM and if kid doesn't start going to preschool at least few hours around 18-24 months it can drive moms crazy.

Posting here as the Festivals becoming Stressors thread is in the "Festivals and Rituals" thread.

8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

No ! I have two sons and I hope they and their wives will be ok with them lying on my lap or me feeding them .i would not overdo it though, I don’t want my DIL’s to hate me or get jealous. ( and maybe post on IL about this )

I don’t know how I could react if my husband did this , though. He is not expressive at all ( even with me, maybe every alternate leap year)

9. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Ideal would be the man lying with head in mom's lap and feet in wife's lap while she is giving him a foot massage

Who is feeding grapes to the king then ? The father ? Our Indian sons are pampered enough .

10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Was reminded of Mahabarat where Krishna lying down while Arjuna was at his feet and Duryodhan near his head when both wanted Krishna to help them in war against each other

:grin::grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.