1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Yes; if that happened in a foreign country, like the Tamil Nation in the south, there would be instant vigilante justice for the color sprayer.

This happened to Chelsea Clinton when she visited India with her parents. Her dislike of India and everything Indian started with that fear of going out of her room on Holi day.

Here is one defence you may use. Compliment the host "....it is soooOOoo good; but I am full right now. Can I take it home ?" They will be scurrying around to look for a suitable non-return plasticware to pack it for you. Once it leaves their house, you are free to do whatever with it.

shravs3 and Rihana like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are indeed so phorengi. : ) The dabba for the to-go to send with the guests is already assumed or set aside in such gatherings/meals, and it is not plastic. Like mentioned in the "potluck with in-laws' side" thread, disposable or plastic ware is generally frowned up.

tiffin.jpg

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:facepalm::blush: Once again, feel like there is no way I could catch up with what I need to know.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Haha..I see you’re referring to my thread...
    But I prefer to pack the go- to in disposable plastic dabbas as much as possible..or in aluminium foil, food wrapping sheets etc...because if we give steel dabbas then we need to keep track of who has taken what ...I get this irritating incomplete feeling till the time they go home, take the food and eat it, wash and return the dabba...if someone lives nearby they’ll give it back during next visit...else if they live far and we don’t get to meet often it’s tough...I’m kinda possessive about my kitchen utensils you see,!
    So I always keep a roll of foil, and many disposable single single use, use n throw plastic containers ready within immediate reach for such situations! Haha :anguished::laughing::tonguewink:

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is somewhat related to the feelings that the host(ess) of the "thoda aur le lo" people want to foist on the dubba takers. The dubba takers would be on the hook to clean and return the dubba, and more importantly, come back and review the take-out food, describe in detail how/when they ate it, as well as get stuck with another episode of thoda-aur-le-lo. Never ending saga!
    You cannot disappear without leaving a forwarding address, because your story of not returning the dubba would be on the social media, and all other desi communities would know that Mr. and Mrs. so/&/so doesn't return stainless steel dubbas. Your children will not get suitable rishta's.... I hear.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  6. Needtobestrong

:smile::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
    But then there is a tradition / sentiment of not returning empty dabbas as such..so in order to reciprocate they would have to pack some food stuff inside the dabba while returning the dabba!hehe..
    Once I gave some Bhagwan ka Prasad after doing some pooja or function or something at home long back while visiting one of my friend living nearby , in a steel container as I couldn’t suddenly find a disposable one..after transferring the contents to one of her plates, she reciprocated by packing garma-Garam poori-saagu for me in the Same container while returning it to me...it was yumm:)

Amulet likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Reading the following addressed to @anika987 .....I can see why people might want to move to Dallas.:tongueclosed: ... and try out that swapping scheme.

8. Needtobestrong

You’re really making me laugh today Amulet...
    Everyone seems to be discussing about that thread, I couldn’t find...I guess someone reported and got it removed promptly..

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I had a privilege to comment in that swapping thread. But I was waiting for some more entertainment :neutral:
    Such troll threads are quite entertaining which makes you laugh and angry at the same time :smilingimp:

10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Me too. Was waiting for entertainment

SinghManisha and shravs3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.