1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We can differ on this issue.:)
    Not going to pick up a pregnant wife in need ...no matter what the reason counts as a huge disconnect.
    There is some basic caring instinct missing for the wife and child.

KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
  2. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

This came across as pretty patronizing. Was that your intent? (Asking first because earlier you said I shouldn’t feel offended either about something else you said. )

To answer your question- Yes I am well aware of these current issues. I don’t have to visit India specifically to learn about them either. They receive good coverage here also.
    Sounds to me like you are projecting. Just because you are unable to step outside your concern/ self identified role as parent of girls doesn’t mean others or I are doing the same. To accuse others of what you are self admittedly doing is hardly fair.
    Ok I willl take your word for it.

3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

"There is no rule girls must marry. They can get a good education, find a job and if they find the right guy - fall in love and marry."
    This is not for change? I sure am not for "entitlement"

4. ragnarok

ragnarok Senior IL'ite

Regarding the 'not driving to pick her up from doc office' - Without a full understanding - just hearing 'a snippet' of the episode as told by one side of the persons involved - you cant conclusively judge someone to be a 'monster'. That is exaggeration.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Will only a maid help? Or you need cook also, else all the war will shift to kitchen.

Getting a maid will give more free time to people in house ... Meaning more monkeys in mind ready to play mischiefWhen child starts school, even more free time, More monkeys ready for mischief.

If one of them is addicted to tv , then a separate tv would aliviate lot of issues.

If one of them can go and out work , it will also reduce some tension and also helps build fortunes of family....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So today, I overslept. Woke up and had to rush the little one to school. I had forgotten to prep for his lunch last night and had to do that. My phone kept pinging. Emails kept arriving in my inbox. Curious about the pings, I glanced at my phone to see notifications on IL's REHAB thread. @yellowmango was saying something interesting, as always. I wanted to come and post my 2c but it just wasn't the time. After dropping son off, I had to finish my run. All along my warm up, I read the thread now growing in leaps and bounds. I decided to finish my workout and talk to YM before she went to bed.
    After finishing my run, as I was cooling down, things were heating up on here. I decided to come home and think before typing to YM whatever it was I had thought of in the first place. I get home and find my DH waiting for me. He said, "You're not yet ready". "You forgot, didn't you. I had blocked off my time. I have only 90 minutes". I had to run into the shower, get into clean clothes, rush to get ready, decided to go with my no-makeup makeup look to save time and got into the car. After holding hands, chatting, eating lunch etc, I was about to get home and tell YM that long forgotten thought when I realized I had to go pick up my son and had only about 15 extra mins. I thought I could go to the school parking lot and tell YM the thing, but then my DH came back out of the house as I was leaving and told me he wanted to drive with me. By then, I give up on the thought because YM is now definitely in bed at 12.30 AM her time. The problem with my thoughts is that if I don't pay attention and keep reminding myself, they kind of float away. I'm very very absent-minded and cannot remember anything even if it meant to save my life. The thought is gone, gaayab! Much like a jhandu balm miracle(or was it moov).

Anyway, we got back home and DH decides he now has to get back to work and I decide that now I have to say something! I really don't remember what that damn thing is in the first place. So YM, when you read this in the morning, have a fun day! I probably will be asleep before you respond, but respond immediately. I don't want you losing your thoughts. Lost things can be found but lost thoughts are lost forever!

Love you all,
    Laks

Amica, yellowmango, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  7. ragnarok

ragnarok Senior IL'ite

Laks,
    Real life always comes first :) Take it easy.

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Then why do you create new ids each time and come back here? This place is good, pal. You get what you put in it. I do get from here more than I ever give here.

9. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

@yellowmango I am an outlier in your analysis. Mother of two male monkeys but do not support MIL coaching of the DIL in the kitchen, bedroom or anywhere else.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sshhh... The basic funda/premise of IL Reln forum is respond after knowing one side of story. Imagine other side based on view from one's own life prism. : ) Rakhii read about pregnant woman with no ride home in local social media, posted gist here, and we are making vegetable khorma of it (ingredients optional, seasonings we will provide). :lol:

I need a nap after reading that description. : ) Woman on the go. : ) Oh how I know that choice of put on basic make-up OR make it in time to car. The times I ended up with mismatched chappals... and fully dressed up but missing ear rings. Used to keep a generic ear rings pair in the cars... woh zamana gaya.: ) that time has gone.

Amica and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.