1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Why does the guest use multiple baths to begin with?

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Is not cleaning after every use is an option ... is it not awakened to keep an eye on them and clean it immediately afterwards ...

Shut the water off in one bathroom and say not working

or slippery bathrooms , may cause accidents . The one the guest is supposed to use it the only good non slippery one ....

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good question. For bath, might use the assigned one only. But for toilet... they tend to use the nearest one rather than walk to theirs.

4. Rihana

No. It becomes unusable by others.

And turn it on whenever we use it? : ) I guess it could work but will look odd..

that will work for the shower/bath thing. Main challenge is that guest use only the assigned toilet (commode).

5. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

How about : it has a problem - the family knows the tricks - but u dont want the guest to be bothered and use the one that works well?

Rihana likes this.
  6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

This looks right to Me. None of you all use that bathroom (which the guest is accessing which is nearby). Stop water supply there like suggested above and tell the guest there's some issue and we(including you all) cannot use that bathroom , and if possible at the same situation add on we'll use attached in our bedroom and you use attached one in your bedroom.

Rihana and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

I put my daughter's toilet seat on one and say it's her dedicated bathroom. Everyone else uses the other one. Works because I have a little one. Not sure how old your kids are. Otherwise maybe put a nice poster with a cartoon drawing saying "{child name} gets very angry if someone uses her bathroom" even if someone has objection, you could laugh it off saying kids these days you know they are so particular. She does that to us too.

Rihana likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes it is tiring to take these decisions day in and day out.

If one is putting in the effort anyways.... Why not make something the other person is in a mood to eat?

As long as the person cooking has the major say and this options thingyy is once in a while :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  9. Rihana

Having a discussion with a young friend on whatsapp. She is looking for a nanny who will look after two kids (6, 8 yrs) after school and do "light housework." Kids are quite independent, low maintenance.

Question is what is light housework? I told her that Indian parents sometimes burden the nanny with housework that cannot counted as "light."

IMO any task that can be done without wearing gloves or messing up one's clothes is light, and light work should preferably not involve appliances like a human operated vacuum cleaner. Even dishwasher is not light work if it means unload, put away dishes in the respective cabinets, and load dishwasher with stuff from the sink, and then wipe the area around the sink, plus wash the sink if it is dirty.

My friend disagrees. She thinks most things that a mom/dad would do in an evening after returning from work are light housework. Heavy is once a week tasks only.

I guess it is best sorted out between the mom and the nanny, but I was curious now-a-days what counts as "light" housework?

10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

[perhaps this should go into snippets..]
    Once upon a time a friend had looked at and experienced our ToTo toilet. She so enjoyed that, she had to get her hubby to buy one for their house. So they ordered one from the online outlet we had got ours.
    A week later theirs arrived. They had opened that big big box in the living room, read the instructions on the how to (take the old toilet out, put a new wax ring seal, set the new toilet in the spot, and connect etc..), and as home DIY projects tend to happen, happily set it for the next weekend.... sort of like the weekly version of "mañana".... a simple "do it later" scheme. In the meantime, the toilet sat in the corridor space between the living room and the dining table.
    Early Saturday morning they had company. Young desi family with a couple of young children. They had one who was going through his toilet training. He found that toilet so conveniently situated, and oh-so inviting. He went, opened the lid, dropped his training panties, and climbed on. Nobody was paying attention to the children. Only when the child called his mummy to come and deal with the washing up of his tushie (the toilet paper roll that should've been near the toilet seat wasn't there !!), everyone in the living room had realized what had happened.

The children were all much amused, while the grownups were shocked at that unexpected turn of what had happened.

It is all well and good to tell the grownups where to "go", but then, toilets in an open-plan architecture is not a good idea.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Rihana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.