1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rekindling Fire....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Aug 29, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

How couples can rekindle fire and passion after years of togetherness

-A few Tips.

The very first word ‘rekindling’ of the heading indicates the fact that fire and passion have diminished if not died in the relationship of a couple. Passion in marital relationships means a strong desire to love - physical or just cuddling. Or does it mean something else? The fact remains that this fire and passion are not directly related to aging. It happens with young couples also. Passion is a strength but it can be a weakness also. I am however constrained to reign in my imagination to aging people only

as it is being posted in senior citizen forum.

Physical need is as natural as an emotional need. Surprisingly both need not coexist. One can have a physical relationship without any emotional attachment. It may be in the form of a one-night stand or any other form. Men and women get attracted to each other for no reason except physical. Even platonic love has its roots in gender differentiation. After a while, physical love with the same person starts taking a back seat. As we age in years we also age in our concept of passion.

1. Candle Light Dinners cool place.

Aha, those evenings in Calcutta of 1978-80, the era of load shedding which the Americans call outage and what we experienced as electrical switches behaving the same way in on or off position termed as ‘no power’. Those were the days of candlelight dinners. Almost every dinner was a candlelight dinner. Then the battery-operated inventors came around 1980 and the candlelight dinners went. One or two years of aging in life can mean a lot and now it is 2019 and you can run your horses. Now if you ask for a candlelight dinner she would go aghast and look at you with a look-have you gone mad? She has other plans- ‘satsang’ with neighborhood retirees.

Try anyway.

2. You look great!

Not very long ago or was it very- very long ago? It was always a sure shot clincher. Whatever she adorned herself with looked always good on her-clothes, jewelry, makeup, hairstyle. You would just say ‘you look great’ and there she was squeezing herself within her slim and trim body. Now she was angry because I ventured to bulge out those clinchers. We were to go to a wedding ceremony. I uttered those words in honest appreciation. Did you hear any word starting with or even indicating P?

Try anyway.

3. Help to relieve the pain.

There were times she complained of some back pain or it was just a hunch and I volunteered to rub Move/Iodex. It was such a great joy. She was complaining of a heavy head and I volunteered to apply Amritaanjan on her forehead. She vehemently shook her head and murmured something to suggest she knows what I would do next. Now, all that I wanted was to help her relieve her pain. There were times she begged of me to apply some pain reliever on her back and now even forehead is out of bound.

Try anyway.

3. Accept a dinner invite.

Weekend dinners and drinks at friends’ places were always fun. We looked forward to it. In return we also invited friends. The evenings were full of tidbits on all subjects on earth. And, to kill the boredom, I asked if I could invite Mr. and Mrs. X or dinner this weekend. ‘No’ was the long and short answer. I knew it, I knew it. She has not forgotten the last meeting when Mrs. X made some loaded comments about her health and graying hair.

Try anyway.

4. Arrange a family get-together.

Family get-together at intervals at theirs or our place was rejuvenating. It added spice to life. It bonded the relationships. Later on, we talked or whispered, depending on the time of the day or night, giggled on theirs or our idiotic manners. To live those days again, I suggested to have a family get together and pat came the reply whose family-yours or mine?. I haltingly said yours. Again a big ‘no, next time you will ask for your family and I do not want to take that risk’.

Try anyway.

4. Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle……

It worked in those days. She woke up fresh in the morning. She still will like it, I hope so, though not tried for long. The last time it was put to test ended in a verbal one-sided duel. She, however, woke up fresh.

Try anyway.

5. A romantic sojourn.

It helped in the past so much that we were always packed up to leave the home on a small pretext. And if you have a traveling job, it is a bonus on the side. But then came the children and the bindings attached to that. Then children grew wings and flew to the directions they chose. Goa was a fav. (pun intended). Those lovely beaches with lovely couples, Fenni on the rock with tasty Goan seafood on beachside joints!!!. I know why you are so keen to go to Goa or Mauritius-to watch those half-naked dames on the beaches. Forget it.

Try anyway.

6. Do something funny.

It made her tumble on sides with laughter when I tried those antics to please like singing some romantic filmy song. No prize for guessing. It was not the song that made her laugh. It was my throat. I try to do it now in the bathroom as there is no way I can do it in the bedroom. I am advised to stop it as it will damage my vocal cords and medical bills will go up.

Try anyway.

This is the minimum I can do on an honorary basis. For those interested in more tips particularly intimate type can contact me directly.

Conditions apply.

2. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Brilliant! Each point here deserves a chapter in a book (With real or imaginary stories to illustrate them).

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am assuming that there is a detailed contract signed for paid tips with fine prints as each woman has her own way of dealing with her spouse. Brilliant consumer law suit protection language. :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

Waiting. Please lead.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

Of course. No contract is complete without words like 'notwithstanding aforesaid'. These are only tips. Follow at on risk or peril. After 'Who am I' 'what a woman wants' has been and is a subject of intense research.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:both subjects would remain for eternity unfathomable. There could be some clandestine understanding between Parties concerned that includes Almighty no to reveal under any circumstances the relationship as in nuclear deals where CC stands for clandestine contract.
    Thanks and regards.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I enjoyed the non stop line after line sentence after sentence your good humour naturedly approach to reach the top of the story.
    Thanks for valuable information en route to happiness Eldorado.
    Regards.
    God if only u had not created dopamine and romance....

9. HariLakhera

Of course, CC contracts are the substance of a meaningful contract. 'Between the lines' and 'fine print' are not the same. Trained Lawyers are paid for nikalo 'baal ki khaal' (google).
    Eve was allowed to pick up apples from any tree she wanted but except from one, and she what happened after she listened to the Satan. Neither Adam nor Eve had a lawyer.

10. HariLakhera

Not God, he was the Satan.

Thyagarajan likes this.