1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reincarnation – A Myth or true??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

I don’t know what I planned to write exactly but just starting off….let’s see how it goes.

What does the word “Reincarnation” mean and sound to you?? Does it remind you of a movie, book or may be facts and references from the holy books? For me it’s simply means “Rebirth”.

Being the curious type that I am, have always been drawn to dark things, unknown and unseen stuffs, whether it is reading or discussing have been very intrigued about Cults, Voodoo, Ghosts, Spirit Calling stuffs etc. Yes not a very nice and pleasant subject I agree but the intention of my post is to get an insight on this. Presuming that you smart minded folks in IL would shed more light and there would be some interesting things to know.

Going back to the subject, is “Reincarnation” just a myth or is it true?? Are people really reborn?? Sometime back I remember television channels broadcasting program's which would tell us who we were in our previous life. Though people proclaimed to see visions and speaking while the course is on I wonder if it was just hallucination or real. Trust me I would have tested it on myself if knew the source was trust worthy. There have been some references on the net that I read too sometime back where it mentioned that people in present recalled places and spoke different dialect at the most unexpected situations and time. And could remember themselves either being a soldier in some age old war, having had visited places or instances of brutality, fear etc.

Having said that here’s the thing – I almost had a similar experience couple of years back, I still have not mustered the courage to write about it and acknowledge what I have been through. Mere reason being more than half the population would consider me to be insane :hide:, there was so much that happened in and around me, only the closest and trusted family and friends of mine know of the entire ghastly story. For one I know I did not hallucinate, neither did I hear voices nor see visions nor did I sleep walk. My theory and experience was proved by a tarot card reader who I am so very grateful for, who helped me stabilize. You cannot imagine how I drove myself crazy and had near death experience. Something happened during that time, something started and ended. And I was told it was a case of “Rebirth” :shock: purpose of fulfilling an undying wish and need, purpose to showcase something that went wrong in my past. And yes I did in a way fulfill mine much before I reached out for help.

Now please don’t start to think I am a Physic tsk. Though that period is long gone, I still ponder over some Q’s at times. Part of me agrees that it is “True” part of me “No”. I hate to have even been through it, and wish to “Undo” but was told it was meant to happen as per the readings. Well what can I say.....

When death does us away in our current life, and if at that moment or period there are wishes, pain, agony, unfulfilled actions and desire if they are for some reason not met does that mean we would be born again ?? Again somewhere, some other time, and have a brush off the past ??? If this is “True” does it mean we are living now and paying for our past deeds?? Or we are going to live another life for the current??

How many of you think or believe this to be just a “Myth” or is there any “Truth” in it??

2. divyagshenoy

divyagshenoy Senior IL'ite

hi,

a very nice topic to discuss upon..these kind of questions, topics does bother me also...even i had certain experiences during my hostel life in regards to spirit calling...which i haven't shared with anyone except my hubby(my friend at that time) who did help me a lot in that context...

I believe you will pay for your deeds one or the other day, it could be in this life or in the next...

3. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello S707,
    That's a really mythical topic u have chosen.

No, I do not believe in reincarnation, except if somebody could prove that I am indeed a queen reborn and all my previous life's treasures are buried somewhere and waiting for me.

But when somebody talks about reincarnation as in a religious way, yes I do believe. I believe in the Dashaavatar. Why, becoz, in believing that the Lord is reincarnating himself in every era, gives me a satisfaction and strength.

PS : I know I should not be meddling in ur personal life, but since u mentioned about ur experience, was it something surreal, something like in the Talaash movie ?????

1 person likes this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@ Scorpio, well written.

Personally, i don’t see any truth in rebirth. I can’t think that an external soul will not die with the person and will roam to fulfill desires etc. These days’ human minds are full of desires and wishes which are more than what one can attain in a single life. Now this does not make us come back to fulfill all those dreams.
    In India there will be lakhs of people, who want to be SRK in at least next birth. So what if all the SRK come together, so many hit movies hehe!!
    I do personally feel that we all have some hidden wish which cannot vanish from our minds. These wishes may be visualized during sleep as our unconscious minds during the sleeping period forces us to dream these things which are otherwise impossible practically.
    I feel we are paying for our deeds and will die once we have cleared all debts. If there is anything left may be it is transferred to our next generation family members. May be this is what they call “ poorvika karmam”.

2 people like this.
  5. Scorpio707

Spirit calling....hmmmm...interesting...yeah agree it's hard to recall or narrate such episodes..best left alone :) Thanks for reading my post...

6. Scorpio707

Madhu,
    That's a real nice wish :queen ah?? Belief's differ and vary to each of us true...and nope your not meddling with anything, don't worry.

No nothing like "Talaash" that was something else only....like I said if I go on to share what happened, it will be very weird and unbelievable. Only the people involved at that point of time in my life witnessed it, so trust what happened :) Thanks for your response....

1 person likes this.
  7. Scorpio707

Thank you Vani...that was a real nice explanation...the one on SRK really made me laugh :lol: ...imagine so many SRK's....

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

S7, the curious and mysterious ways of nature, and human mind. we would not want to believe until it happens to you. be it faith or any other form of belief.

I will not get into the controversy of whether i believe or not for the very same reason you are not hesitant in sharing that experience but leaves you seeking answers to various thoughts and questions.

that said you should read the papers submitted by IAn Stevensons take on the same topic. and also this video.
    Scientific Proof of Reincarnation: Dr. Ian Stevenson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2MCpzE8u0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyHuN1G1vk

And i would recommend, brian weiss same soul many masters...

It is a wonderful subject, that has many people going in to check out ouja boards, voodoo dolls and more...

1 person likes this.
  9. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

I think- it depends on everyone personal beliefs.

Reincarnation – There are lot of stories in our religion based. We heard a lot. (We also seen some film based story also)

Our soul is not end one. (I recognize from reading and heard)
    It also wander from our desire satisfy. (I heard and read)

In our myth stories are given to us positive way of living –
    1) How to live happily and peaceful way.
    2) What to do and don’t. (In my thought)

Sometime mind thought also think,
    What is my next birth is?
    Why not, this is my last birth?
    I ask myself lot of question and smile!

Finally, Rebirth is depends upon our wish and faith only. (I think so)

10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

This post may be off the topic..
    But what's the difference between reincarnation and rebirth??..
    I guess in reincarnation you are aware of your previous existence and rebirth you are just reborn..

Second question.. in all of Vishnu's dasavatharas, is there any instance where there are inter-linking episodes or characters? I guess only the character of Jambavan or Jambavantha appears in both Rama and Krishna avtars... and that too
    Jambavantha had to explicitly ask Rama for a duel ..

1 person likes this.