Regarding Net/slet Entrance Test

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by waiting4rmlong, May 12, 2016.

1. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I am not sure this is correct forum to post here. Is anyone cleared UGC NET test in past and working as lecturers?

If it is not correct please advice correct forum.

2. Anusuya

Anusuya Silver IL'ite

hello,

please do google search regarding Net/ slet entrance.
    if u need answer u gotta wait. coz we don know any IL working as lecturer, though u can find IL working in other profession.

u need to wait till somebody replies. till then google is ur friend :)

waiting4rmlong likes this.
  3. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Could you specify the subject please? I have qualified UGC NET (with JRF) in English, but way back in 2009 and am a lecturer.
    I am off from IL for a few days, so if you want any tips on UGC NET in English, I could help you, once am back (although the pattern has changed totally since I took NET).

I'll try to reply soon, if its urgent @waiting4rmlong.

Good luck!

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  4. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Thank you Vaikhari.

But i did my pg in MCA so i read i have to write NET in Computer as subject. I have completed 10 years back MCA and now i want to write that test and settle in job in home towns. How much difficulty to prepare. Do i have to join any tutorials for that. I know i didnt remember single point now since it had been so many years. I brought books too. Can you guide on this please

5. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

@waiting4rmlong

Hi, For Computer (science?), is it UGC NET or CSIR NET? I guess you would know that part. I found this syllabus <http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/87.pdf> on UGC site, but not sure if its the current one.

Generally speaking, they keep updating the syllabus from time to time; so you should have an idea about the current trends and patterns, apart from a sound knowledge in your discipline (Masters level).

My tip is, acquaint yourself with the the PG computer science syllabus of one of the leading Indian universities, JNU, Hyd University, Jadavpur, etc. (also see if you could get Calicut University syllabus coz this university has one of the most NET friendly syllabi, in general).

The books will help you with the pattern and give you an overview of the syllabus, but use them with discretion, only as models and do double check for facts and details.

And well, you could consider coaching classes, if you feel you need real help with the preparation, and particularly because years have elapsed since your Masters.

Keep checking out the UGC/CSIR site from time to time, for syllabus, question papers and examination updates.

A strong footing in your subject at Masters level (provided the PG syllabus of the chosen university covers the origin and evolution of the subject decently well) will see you through the test successfully.

Cover the core areas well and pick two electives and prepare well, while having a general idea about the other electives (if its divided into core and electives; it used to be like that for us).

Don't worry; first and most importantly, relax and have a look at the entire syllabus and prepare systematically (extensive and intensive, say if you are taking NET this December, 5 months extensive and 1 month intensive). And if you are taking it this June, then one month intensive and just go fire the answers:) If you clear the June one, then nothing like it; else see it as your chance to assess an analyse the depth of the test, so that you know how to approach the December one with due seriousness.

Sure, you would be caught in the NET soon:), if you put your heart and soul into it.

All the Best!

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.