1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Microdermabrasion

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by ivlakshmi, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have open pores at many places of my face.. I went to a clinic and they suggested me Microdermabrasion.. They said it will take around 10 sittings and cost 700 per sitting.. can you please advice me if it is effective? Will the skin become smooth as before ? is this method painful?

2. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ivlakshmi

My friend had done microdermabrasion before for pigmentation on both sides of the cheeks. She went for 6 treatments.

She did the aluminium oxide microdermbrasion. Usually they start on a low level to see whether you feel any burning sensation and for the skin to get used to the exfoliating process. As you go for next few treatments they may raise the level. My friend said all she felt in the worst case was a small stinging feeling and nothing painful. And that too you feel it only in the first or second treatments. Check with the your clinic what kind of dermabrasion they are doing. If it is with aluminium oxide, I think it should be ok. Your skin would be much smoother. With regards to open pores, it depends how deep they are. Pigmentation and scars will definetely disappear drastically. Only thing is your skin would be more sensitive and you should wear a sunscreen always so that you dont get pigmentation when you go out in the sun. Your skin is more prone to it as your skin has become thinner after the microdermabrasion procedure.

Some ladies even go for microdermabrasion for maintainence like once in 6 months just to remove dead and dry skin which makes the skin look dull.

Does anyone know of clinics or beauty salons in Chennai which do microdermbrasion. I would like to send my MIL to one and wanted to know your experience with the clinics/ Beauty salons in Chennai

AN123

3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi ,
    thnx ann..
    They have told me that they use some aluminium foil and rub it on skin..
    I am more concerned about the pores if it will reduce or not..I dont have much of pigmentation.. more inputs needed IL friends