Regarding Birth Certificate In Chennai

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi today onl am going to know that if we want birth certificate in Chennai it's must to register with government hospital...is it true,?? private hospital they won't give birth certificate??onl government hospital will provide birth certificate??plz share if u know details and if it is true how and where we have to register and before which month need to register with government hospital??plz share ..thank you

2. Myliltwincesses

Myliltwincesses Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You have to get PICME number for getting birth certificate.I did it while I was 5 months pregnant.

First, you have to visit tamilnadu government website for applying online ( Google it, you will get site address). After filling required details, you will get some acknowledgement number and also phone number of staff in govt health care center, primary health care center in your area.

If you or your husband visit them in person, they will ask for some Xerox copies of reports during pregnancy . You have to provide them and after around 2 weeks, I got my PICME number in my mobile number.

Then I gave that PICME no to my hospital.After birth of my twins, I was told by my hospital to collect the birth certificate from nearby municipality office and after some days, my husband collected the same.

Hope it clarifies your doubt.pls check for updates if any, as I got it around 9 months back.

Janakinarne likes this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ofcource mostly cleared...ya will check in website for more information..thanks for sharing..

Myliltwincesses likes this.