Regarding admission in Srimathi sundaravalli -JM01 -2015

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by abinayamadhavan, Nov 26, 2014.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to put our son in school next June.

The thing is instead of applying for chromepet sundaravalli we wrongly applied for perungalathur sundaravalli and now our registration is confirmed.

Chromepet school is just 1 km from our house, but the other one is 10 kms. Now if we ask them to move him to chromepet school they don't allow it.

I just want to know which school is better, chromepet or perungalathur. in terms of campus, infrasctruture, facilities, teaching ( am assuming standard is same). but i know perungalathur school is spacious and campus will be full of trees.

and viewing the fee structure it seems like 9000 is for transport (per term). which is 36,000 per year which is more than the fee?

Anybody having their children in SSM, please help me out of these.

2. abinayamadhavan

also please suggest some other good schools near chromepet or tambaram

3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

hi abinaya,

my dd is studying in SM1 chrompet and I got admission for my DS for 2015 JM1 in chrompet school.

My opinion is teaching will be same in both the schools. But perungalathur school is spacious when compared to chrompet schools. Anyway extra curricular activities are same for both the schools.

I have heard that if they need any facility which is exclusively available in perungalathur, they will take the chrompet kids to perugalathur. But I am not sure of this info.

The reason why I have opted for chrompet school, I am residing in chrompet and the transport fee is very high and when there is any meeting, we have to travel to perugalathur school which is far and we must have a four wheeler for that.

Other than that not much difference in both the schools.

If you want to any other info, I am ready to share.

1 person likes this.
  4. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

yes,perungalathur school is spacious when compared to chrompet.other than that teaching n extra curricular activities must be same.

what do u want to knw abt perungalathur branch other than this??
    did u approach the school about changing to chrompet???

1 person likes this.
  5. abinayamadhavan

@uma: i haven't asked still. i am planning to ask once he goes to school, this june.

@Jeni: thanks for this info. it helps. anyways till SM-3 he has to go there. so we are planning to ask that later. only extra 36k is the constraint. in all other terms perungulathur school is better. spacious,so some fresh air will go inside.. also campus is big.

6. abinayamadhavan

one more question: i will be going on maternity leave on mid of july. probably second week. we asked him to take him in vijayadasami batch, so that he will join by oct 22 and after that 2 months leave, then from jan he can join. bcoz i have leave till jan mid. but they denied and told us to put him on school by june itself and they will grant only 2 months leave it seems. that seems to be very very difficult for me . my due date is aug 3, so its very difficult to come back in 2 months.

do you ppl have any exp like this or anyone who faced like me? i am confused. i want leave atleast till nov mid.

7. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

yeah,my neighbour took maternity leave whn her daughter was sm2.she got 6mnths leave i think so

8. abinayamadhavan

really? so good. how many years back. when we asked they strictly told they will give only 2 months leave. that too for JM01.