1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reg Middle School Aged Girls, Please Suggest

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by peddadas, Apr 18, 2019.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

How do you all moms of Middle School girl child take care of hair growth and its maintenance especially hands, legs, upper lip , chin etc., ?

Do you take your child for waxing? If it too much to handle for threading...

Please help me understand what needs to be done..I am very bad at all these maintenance stuff..:(

TIA,
    PS

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here are some random thoughts. My journey on this was filled with many missteps.

Get the terminology right. The week before my first trip to India, I was at a clinic to get travel shots. The nurse or shot dispensing person asked me where I'd like to receive the shot. I said, "on the left hand." She gave me the most quizzical of looks, prepared the shot and said, "Roll up your sleeve. I'll give it on the left arm." I got a clue that hand/arm is something I need to look up. No search engines then, but we have google tata now. : ) https://www.healthhype.com/wp-content/uploads/arm_hand_pain.jpg

So, any hair on hand would be just the few on the knuckle area. Not to worry about that.

1. Don't stress over it if the child is not yet bothered. But don't wait too long either like until she gets made fun of at school.

2. The need is usually felt first when there is a school dance, or when child notices during P.E. that other girls have smooth legs, or if you live in a hot place and in the summer the girl wears shorts mostly and cannot settle for capris.

3. Arms/legs: Most Indian women seem to prefer waxing, but for school girls it can be difficult to wait for the hair to grow the require 1/4 or 1/2 inch. Girl can feel odd during P.E. and they are in sports like wrestling, swimming. My suggestion is to get the best razor and shaving cream, and teach her how to do it. Enough youtube videos. My friends have kids who are into swim team and gymnastics. They say it is a routine - the girl shaves arms and legs every other day in the shower. One mom with a fussy daughter came up with the idea that do legs one day and arms another day, so time in the shower feeling cold without water running is minimized.

4. Under-arms: Shaving is best.

5. Eye-brows: Threading at Indian beauty parlor. This can be postponed until girl herself says she wants to.

6. Upper-lip/ chin: Threading hurts. Maybe waxing or use a ladies facial razor. This thread had some suggestions from page 5 and onward. Beauty Queries..benefits All !! I know some teen girls in a debate team I coach who use this razor and are happy with it: https://www.amazon.com/Noxzema-Removes-Exfoliate-Improve-Texture/dp/B01FBZCYQQ/

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your inputs @Rihana and @kveena .. Just like that in office ladies opened this topic and I thought let me plan it out now .. My girls are 9 and 6 now.