1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

reg finger printing

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by shravanthika, Sep 17, 2008.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I have a finger printinting appointment coming up next week and being a weekday I think we would have some issues making it.
    When i browsed thru lotsa immigration forums there was a suggestion for walk in which may work out if we are lucky.
    So I have decided to try my luck and I have a question if the field offices of USCIS where we are suppossed to give our finger printing work on Sundays too?

Has anyone had this type of experience before?

2. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shravantika,

They are now very strict about your biometrics. At the start itself, a lady will check your document reg the date and time you are supposed to have your biometrics done.

So I don't think, it is a wise idea. But still have a check. It took me only 15mins for my hubby n me to complete ours. It does not take long. But be careful with this, cause if u intend to change you have to inform beforehand.

3. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Shravantika,

Its not wise to confuse your biometrics appointment as you have just got a week or so. Let it go as per the schedule. I know people who messed up the biometrics by being proactive and they did not get the papers on time because of the last minute messup.

I would advice you to strict to the scheduled date.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I dont know about fingerprinting on a Sunday,but I did prepone my fingerprinting by a week. They dont bother. All they need to see is the fingerprinting letter. In fact the first time we did our fingerprints my husband's appointment was 1 week later than mine ,but we went together . He joined me on my fingerprinting .
    You can give it a try.

5. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hi,
    We also have an appoinment next week for ur biometrics to be taken.Just curious to know the procedure like .. do they take sign,fing prints and do they also take interview ? or after this when is the interview taken and after this how long does it takes to get EAD or GC? We r on L1a visa.Can anyone ans please.
    Cheers,
    Minakshi
    :cheers

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008