1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce weight around thighs...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by manju_j, Jun 15, 2005.

1. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

My major problem is my thighs [​IMG] I need to reduce fat around the thighs.

Could someone tell me few excersices specific to reduce weight around the thighs?

Thanks a lot

2. vinu

vinu Junior IL'ite

Dear Manju,

I don't think there are any such excercises to reduce fat from a particular region. Even though you want to reduce fat in some specified regions you have to do a whole body work out.

Cycling/Stair Climbing/Jogging are good excercises which concentrate on thigh and butt areas.

3. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

The trainer in my gym club had adviced the following exercises for reducing fat in thighs...

cycling
    climbing the stairs up and down several times
    just step on one stair and get back - this needs to be repeated several times

However, for slimmer thighs, we need to do exercises that burns fat from all areas, so that thigh exercises will help to tone or firm the thighs.

You may want to try and see whether it helps!

4. gsg25

gsg25 New IL'ite

To reduce fat in thighs do Gaumukh Asana.it really helps.

Gaumukh Asana is a simple and effective way of reducing the fat from your thighs. Sit cross-legged or in Sukh asana. Relax your body and fold your left leg diagonally in such a way that your left heel touches your right buttock, now place your right leg over the left leg and touch the left buttock on the side. Place your hands either on the ankles or on your knees which ever is comfortable. Hold this position while breathing deep. Now relax and repeat with the other leg. If you notice, the spine will automatically straighten in this asana thus serving two purposes, correcting posture and burning the fat off your thighs.

i culdn upload d video...hope i made of sum help to you..hva healthy life.

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First of all you should try to reduce the fat all over the body.
    Try some leg toning exercise like diff type of lounges.