1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

reduce cholesterol naturally

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by shabd, Jun 22, 2010.

1. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

dear friend, thank u so much for the very good tips. I shall follow them
    vijaya:cheers

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the information.
    Shall I add something = My doctor adviced me (I was in borderline of cholestrol)

Almond also good in increasing the good cholestrol ( daily after 2 hours of breakfast have 4 pcs only)

Olive Oil is good to increase the good cholestrol. So start using the olive oil BUT NOT MORE. And CANOLA OIL also good in reducing bad cholestrol ( As you are in SHJ - we get here Borges oilve oil for frying purpose - which is good)

Have banana stem salad and have weekly twice only. It will help you to clean the body because of its fibres and thus reduce the body weight and thus reduce the bad choloestrol ( cut and remove the fibres and make it small pcs and mix curd and salt )

More green tea will increase the acidity - so two cups daily is good.

Reduce sugar intake and full cream milk also.

Soya bean or chunks is rich in protein and good to control the bad cholestrol.

Garlic - specially mountain garlic means single one is good in reducing the blockages - our family friend got a minor attack and admitted in SH.Khalifa hospital Abu dhabi and after treatment they discharged him and gave appointment after 3 months to do the angio.....but he did walking and ate garlic and when he went to hospital for angio - they checked and said blockage is not there at all...............
    Same goes to my own brother in Madurai - after first attack , they gave appointment for angio after 20 days - my brother did the walking and had green tea and food diet.. when the doctors took him to operation threatre and then they checked the blockage and shocked - all 4 blockages were reduced to 25% and no issues. They stopped the procedure and send him home and said to continue the walking + green tea + garlic + food diet.

As you said - walking + lots of green veg salads will surely reduce the cholestrol.

This way i reduced my cholestrol to normal within a month.

Iam a rice eater but now rice is become a sidedish and veg salads took rice place.But Iam happy...................( Pity me what else to say.....)

Don't take garlic if you have severe gas problem.

3. montyphill

montyphill New IL'ite

Caffeine and cholesterol is also one reason which increase the cholesterol level. So one should avoid the items due to which cholesterol level is increased. So it's best to switch to pure water and, at the very least, follow the no more than one a day rule.

4. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Such a lot and lot of informations.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. anjukrishna

anjukrishna Senior IL'ite

hi friends, thanks for sharing .i`m having cholestrol(borderline high).please tell me how to eat garlic raw or cooked and how many?i`ve started drinking green tea.hope it`ll help. thanks

6. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

hi friends

thanks for th feedback

hi priya mommy and viji kishna,

i saw the doubts regarding isabgol.isabgol can be bought from the health section of super stores.it can be also purchased from internet.however,it should not be taken continously for a very long time because it may cause allergy to some people due to long term use.otherwise it is safe to use daily mixed in a glass of water.

hi anujkrishna,

garlic should be eaten in the raw form and daily 1 or 2 is enough.you can also include raw small onions 4 to 5 numbers with dinner.that also will reduce cholestrol.

remember friends,

dont forget to walk everyday.thats the most important thing you should do to reduce or avoid cholestrol

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  7. anjukrishna

hi shabd,:wave:

thanks for ur useful information:thumbsup.i`ve started drinking green tea,eating lots of garlic(which is very difficult)& small onion.exercise is something which is not happening.i know its is very important.u were talking abt isabgol,is it available here in uae?

thanks

anju

8. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

hi anju

first of all congratulations for taking the first step.isabgol is available here in uae.

i know having lots of garlic is easier than doing excercise:rotfl.but there is no need to have more than 2 or 3 garlic a day. doing excercise doesnt mean going to gym daily.just walk for 15 minutes daily and slowly increase the duration to 30 minutes and then to 1 hour(maximum).actually for a normal person 30 minutes walk in a moderate pace is considered to be the ideal aerobic excercise.walking also does magic to your figure and your activities also.

walking helps to

Raise your HDL cholesterol (which is the good cholesterol)

Lower your LDL cholesterol (which is the bad cholesterol)

Lower diabetes

Lower your blood pressure

Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety

Maintain lean muscle

Increase cardiovascular endurance

Reduce the pain and joint swelling that accompanies arthritis

Increase weight loss and reduce body fat........................................

the most important benefit is walking helps to hide your age also.so what are you waiting for?maintain a regular walking routine and you can see miracles.:thumbsup

"Walking is man's best medicine."
    -Hippocrates

9. anjukrishna

hi shabd,

i`ve reduced cholestrol my dear friend.y`day we did the lipid profile.every thing is fine,thanks for ur advise which helped me in achieving these impossible task:bowdown.i`ve started walking :thumbsup.

thanks

anju

10. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

hi anju

thanks for the feed back dear.i feel so happy for you.maintain a healthy life style and follow a healthy diet.all the best:thumbsup