1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by asirabanu, Jun 18, 2005.

1. priya30485

priya30485 New IL'ite

I want to reduce my belly fat

Hai all...this is priya from luxembourg.i m from india(coimbatore).I got married in 2007.That time my age was 22.Also my weight was 50 kg.After 2 yrs i got fat of 56 kg.I am doing all the work.No servent here but i have to reduce my fat.I m having belly fat and also bettex fat.I m feeling shame when talking others.

Plz help me Which kind of food i eat.(we are veg)?What kind of exercise i should do?Giveme the diet list.it will be very helpfull for me....

priya

2. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

How to get rid of Belly Fat

How to lose Belly Fat

There are two types of belly fat hiding your abs. The first is subcutaneous fat which is the top layer of fat. It lies under the skin, but on top of your abdominal muscles. The second type is visceral fat, which lies under your a muscles and surrounds your organs. This fat makes your stomach stick out like a beer gut, and is a harder form of fat than the subcutaneous fat. Both are dangerous, but studies show that the lower level of fat leads to greater risk of heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea.
    But we already knew that belly fat was bad. What we want to know is how to get rid of belly fat, that spare tyre around your waist without too much pain!

How to get rid of Belly Fat

Exercises to Get Started

To burn fat you need to do combination of cardio exercise and weight training.
    An effective method to burn up to six times more fat than a standard low intensity cardio workout is "interval training". Studies at the University of NSW has shown that interval training, which involves high intensity efforts followed by recovery phases allows the body to be pushed harder and burn more calories as a result. The secret is to push yourself hard for 8 seconds, then recover for 12 seconds. For this type of training, it is important to do a proper warm up.
    You can do interval training jogging, on a bike, or an exercise bike. Personally I like the exercise bike because it is more of a controlled environment and you can focus on what you are doing.

I explain in depth, how to use interval training and heart rates to maximise weight loss and fat burning at the Fat Burning Heart Rate site. Get Six Pack Abs in 6 Minutes On Your Couch!

Here are 9 exercises that target the abdominals - check out the abdominal exercises below, then watch the video that demonstrates how to do the exercises
    Knee Ups
    To do the knee-ups, sit on yout couch and raise your knees up to you chest. Hold, then strighten your legs. Repeat the exercise, again bringing your knees to your chest. Do the knee ups 20 times.
    Leg Raises
    Lie on the floor in front of your couch. Grab the bottom of the couch as an anchor. Raise your legs until they are stright up and your legs are 90 degrees to your body. Hold. Then lower your legs to the starting position. Dont allow your legs to touch the floor as this will allow your abs to relax. Repeat. Do the leg raises 20 times.
    Cycling Exercise
    Start by lying on the floor as above. Raise your legs straight up from your hips. Rotate your legs in a cycling motion. Do 20 revolutions.
    Rest for 20 seconds
    Reverse Crunch
    Lie on the floor as above. Bend your legs 45 degrees. Bring your knees to your chest. Hold. Return to the start position. Do this 20 times
    Leg on Couch Crunches
    Lie on the floor with your legs on the couch. Sit up, touching your elbows to your knees. Hold. Return to the starting position. Do this 20 times.
    Hip Thrust
    Turn around with your legs away from the couch. Hold the bottom of the couch with your hands as an anchor. Raise your legs straight up from your hips. Bring your knees to your chest. Hold. Raise your legs to the start position. Repeat 20 times.
    Rest for 20 seconds
    Cross Crunch
    Lie on the floor with your legs on the couch. Sit up and rotate your torso so you can touch your right elbow on your left knee. Return to the floor without touching it - you dont want your abdominal muscles to relax. Repeat the routine but rotate so your left elbow touches your right knee. Return to the starting position. Do the cross crunch 10 times on each side.
    Reach and touch exercise
    Lie on the floor with your legs on the couch, as above. Sit up and twist to the left. Reach out with your arms and touch the couch to the left of your legs. Return to your starting position without letting your back touch the floor, so you dont let your ab muscles relax. Repeat the exercise, but twist to the right and touch the couch to the right of your legs. Hold. Return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times on each side.
    Cross Leg Reverse Crunch
    Lie on the couch with your legs over the back and your head off the front off the couch. Place your left leg over your right knee. Bring your right leg towards your chest. Hold. Return to the start position. Repeat 10 times, then do the same with your right leg over your left knee - 10 times.
    If you are just starting out, do this abdominal exercise routine once every two days so you dont strain your ab muscles. If you still feel sore after 2 days, wait until your abs feel up to exercise. When your abs become stronger, try this sixpack ab exercise routine two to three times every second day. A rest between days is recommended to allow for recovery of your ab muscles.
    Check out the video that demonstrates all these exercises for you

Check YouTube - Get six pack abs in 6 minutes on your couch. This Works! for video demonstration.
    <!-- youtube -->

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Re: How to get rid of Belly Fat

Kriti
    that's a good one... thanks for sharing...

4. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Bear belly:-(

Hi folks,

I have bear belly. I have got my left hand fractured so discontinued my workout. I drink lots of water but still not able to burn the fat in my tummy. I'm not able to wear my pants and skirts and all my good tops:drowning. Buddies help me and give me some suggestions so that i'm able to see some improvement within 15 days. I have an outing on dec 25th where i'm planning to wear my pant and tops and skirts. Help me ya:bowdown

Sound.

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Re: Bear belly:-(

Hi SoundVijay,

nothing to worry, try tucking in ur tummy, holding the breath for 10 secs n slowly relaxing 10 times in the mornign and evening in empty stomach.I am sure it would help to an good extent.

One more thing- drink watermelon juice, or have more oif watermelon and citrus fruits than other fruits. Try Pineapple. I bet it works.

V imp: Strictly no day time naps!

Wish you all the best!

6. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

Re: How to get rid of Belly Fat

good advise,thanks alot for sharing and caring for all of us.

7. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Sara,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Sound

8. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear Il,

7 Things You Must Do To Lose 20 pounds in 3 - 4 Weeks
    1. You need to be fully motivated to lose 20 pounds in 3-4 weeks so...
    Go here 1st to get motivated to lose 20 pounds in 3-to-4 weeks
    2. You need to Eat 4 times a day 3-4 hours apart
    Why eating 4 times a day helps you lose weight fast...

• Eating 4 smaller meals a day gives you a higher metabolism which means... You'll lose more weightand...
    • Eating 4 times a day keeps you from not getting hungry which means... You won't overeat and gain weight.
    3. Before each meal you need to....
    • Eat at least 2 whole raw fruits and/or vegetables - For example you can eat... 2 carrots, a head of broccoli & a banana, an apple & orange, or either 4 sticks of celery and...
    • You're going to take 1 scoop of any kind of whey protein or Soy protein mixed in 8-to-12 ounces of water and usually...
      • 1 scoop of whey protein or Soy protein is about 100 calories and if you don't like drinking whey or soy protein...
      • Then you can eat another 100 calorie source of protein like small cans of tuna or chicken or a some nuts.
    Why doing this helps you lose weight fast...
    • Your body has to burn a lot of calories (burn lots of FAT) to digest all the raw fruits & vegetables you eat and since you're eating them 4 times a day... You're going to lose weight fast.
    • Eating raw fruits & veggies (not cooked or steamed) will help you lose weight fast. FACT: Farmers feed pigs steamed or cooked veggies to fatten them up because they know raw veggies will slim them down.
    • Eating raw fruits & veggies, drinking whey or soy protein & ice cold water means... You'll never get hungry, never have any cravings or a big appetite so... You'll eat less and lose more weight faster.
    • Raw fruits & veggies remove toxins from your blood and once these toxins are gone... The enzymes in the raw fruits & veggies liquefy and flush fat out of your body.
    • Make sure you AVOID fruit juices, dried fruit & canned fruit with sugar added.
    4. After you eat your fruits & veggies and drink your protein...
    Depending on how hungry you are (based on scale of 1-to-10 with 1 being satisfied and 10 being real hungry) you're going to eat 0-to-300 more calories of these kinds of weight loss foods and you're going to avoid these bad foods so...
    • If your hunger level is between 1-3 (based on a hunger scale of 1-10)... eat only 0-150 calories and...
    • If Your hunger level is between 4-7... Eat only 100-200 calories and...
    • If Your hunger level is between 8-10... Eat 200-300 calories.
    Why doing this helps you lose weight fast...
    • Eating less will help you lose weight fast but don't Worry about getting hungry because...
    • When you eat fruits & veggies and protein before all of your 4 meals... This will make you feel not that hungry or not hungry at all and...
    • The reason why you need to stay away from candy & fast foods is because these foods make you hungry and make you gain weight faster.
    5. You need to drink 70 ounces of ice cold water everyday
    Why drinking ice cold water helps you lose weight faster...
    • Ice cold water raises your metabolism. The colder the water is - The more weight you'll lose because... Your body has to keep burning calories (or keep burning fat) to heat the cold water back up to body temperature.
    6. Do 1 of the weight loss workouts below at least 3-to-4 times a week...
    Weight Loss Workout Tips...

7. Take one of these fat burners to also help you lose weight faster.
    Fat burners will help you but... DO NOT THINK you absolutely must take fat burners to lose weight.
    An Example of What You'll Be Doing To Lose 20 pounds...
    At 7:30am
    You're going to wake up and take some fat burners and then after that... You're going either wait 30 minutes and eat breakfast or the best thing you can do after taking your fat burners is to go do one of these weight loss workouts and then at...

8:00am (Breakfast - or whenever you finish your morning workout)
    You're going to eat at least 2 whole raw fruits and/or veggies and you're going to drink one scoop of whey protein or Soy protein mixed in water and right after that...

Depending on how hungry you are (see the hunger scale again) you're going to eat a 0-300 calorie breakfast. Then about 4 hours later at...
    12:00pm (Lunch):
    You're going to have 2 more raw fruits and/or veggies, another scoop of whey protein or Soy protein mixed in water followed by a 0-300 calorie lunch and then around....

3:30pm (Snack):
    You're going to have a 0-300 calorie mid-afternoon snack but before you do... you're going to eat 2 whole raw fruits and/or veggies plus your 1 scoop of whey protein or Soy protein mixed in water and Then around...

6-6:30pm (30 minutes before Dinner)
    You're going to take another fat burner pill and 30 minutes after you take your fat burner pill at...

6:30 -7pm: (Dinner)
    You're going to eat a 0-300 calorie dinner, but right before dinner you're going to eat your raw fruits and/or veggies and one scoop of whey protein or Soy protein mixed in water and here's some...

How much weight will I lose doing all of this?

The amount of weight you lose doing this plan mainly depends on how overweight you are so basically... The more overweight you = the more weight you'll lose in 3-to-4 weeks on this plan and a good rule of thumb to follow is this...
    How do I maintain my weight after losing 20 pounds?

You can simply maintain your weight by... taking balance diet &exerciese

9. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

i suggest u just stop taking carbs after 7 pm.take fruits or soups.i have seen a lot of difference in myself by doing this.do ab crunches atleast 500 in a day.

10. chitra31121972

chitra31121972 New IL'ite

help reduce stomach, plzzzzz

hi i have developed a belly after my second delivery which is very very awkward. i have reeduced my wt but my belly a big no. i don't take ghee, too much oil, butter, pastry's etc. i excercise 20 min in the morn, play tennis with guys for 2hrs in the even. still my belly is not reduced an inch . i hace become frantic. plz help with some good advice tips etc

thank u