1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by asirabanu, Jun 18, 2005.

1. asirabanu

asirabanu New IL'ite

2. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

Tummy - hard to lose place

Hi Asirabanu,

I remember reading in a health magazine that 'tummy' is one of the hard to lose place for removing abdominal fat. It takes a longer time and more patience. Also, it requires a balance of healthy diet and aerobic exercises to lose fat from such stubborn areas.

Regardless of how much you workout, if the number of calories you take in is greater than the amount you burn, you’ll still put on abdominal fat. Eat foods that are natural, low in fat and low in sugar.

3. asirabanu

asirabanu New IL'ite

hi sonu,

hi sonu,
    thank u for your advise.today i joined aerobics class.i really trying hard to reduce my tummy.i will let u know the result as soon as possible.bye.

4. raka_k

raka_k New IL'ite

Dear Asirabanu

Toe touching will help to reduce ur tummy.So tryyyyyyyyy
    Good Luck
    Raka[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Wanna achieve weight loss???

I believe most of us are interested in achieving weight loss. I got to read these tips elsewhere, found it to be very practical. Thought it's worth sharing...

Tired of battling with your weight? To make permanent, successful progress, you'll need to make changes in your lifestyle by shaping your personal habits.

When most people want to lose weight, they decide to go on a restrictive diet. Unfortunately, the feeling of failure creeps in and leaves us feeling worse than when we started to lose weight.

Developing healthy personal habits is the way to lose weight. It will be slower and it will take time, but the results will last. Surely this is what we all want ins't it?

Let's start with these easy ones...

Choose a piece of fruit instead of biscuits or oily/cheesy snacks with the cup of tea or coffee;
    Take a walk daily - NO excuses!
    Adopt a new exercise routine (this is in addition to the walk [​IMG])
    Stop eating when you're full, even if there's still food on your plate.
    (I guess this is the important one for ladies - cos we tend to avoid wasting by stuffing ourself with more than what we need!)

Choose for yourself the one habit that you feel will be of benefit in your life, and commit to doing it every day for the next 40 days. Your successful weight loss will come about because of what you do each day.

3 people like this.
  6. vinu

vinu Junior IL'ite

Sound exercise and healthy diet plan will help!

I read in several health magazines that the only way to see tummy size decrease is through a sound exercise and a healthy diet plan. This will help you shape up all over, and will ultimately take care of problem parts like tummy!

Diet: Be sure to eat plenty of calcium, preferably through yogurt. This is found to help body stop clinging to belly fat. Be sure to reduce deep-fried and oily foods, and eat plenty of fruits and veggies, beans, and grains and not too much meat. Drink plenty of water and avoid excessive sodium consumption as this will cause abdominal bloating.

Exercise: Try getting at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise like walking briskly, jogging, biking, or swimming at least 3 days a week (build up to 5 or 6 days if you can). Yoga will also help tone our body and regulate all our body functions including digestion and metabolism. On a daily basis, concentrating on sucking in tummy and standing up straight will help tone abdominals from the inside and makes look thinner.

Try the above regularly for overall health and well-bieng too!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  7. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite

Hi All,

Fat around belly and waist is very common in woman. Dieting is not the only solution of this problem. The most common reason which we usually neglect is hormonal imbalance. So try to find out first what is the reason of disposition of fat. If hormone imbalance is chief, then do yoga. Surely you will get benefit and get rid.

Try yoga with rythum of breath and enjoy.

With love and prayer
    Neeti

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  8. swku_2000

swku_2000 New IL'ite

it can be done!

dear all,
    I tried loosing weight around my tummy and was successful!
    You want to know how? its easy..
    U need to do Kapaalbhaati which is a simple yoga of letting out air with force from the nose and pulling the tummy in.
    U can see the exercise on various indian channels .. its being promoted by RamDev, the yogi from Kankhal,Haridwar.

9. anjalisingh

anjalisingh New IL'ite

gud ques asira

Hi friend,
    just registered and saw your message here. Let tell you the question you have asked has been one that I have been trying to find an answer too aswell. I just had a baby and six months down the line I have bloated so much specially around the tummy . It is so frustrating I cannot begin to describe. Did you get any good tips to your message if so wud love to hear some gud advice aswell.

thanks
    anjali

10. anjalisingh

anjalisingh New IL'ite

great tips

dear all,
    just went thru all the tips you guys posted for asira on how to lose tummy fat. Fantastic tips I must say. Specially the one on the hormonal imbalance and the kaapal baati breathing tip. Actually I had been doing kaapalbaati which I learnt at a camp organised by baba ram dev here in Lucknow. But then I was not pregnant. I had a C-section and have been advised not to strain the areas with seuteurs at all. Any tips on how to tone the tummy without straining the area much. The weight gain and bloating did not start immediately but about four months post pregnangy. Can someone give me some advice on what cud be causing it and what medical help I should get immediately.

as

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005