1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Red Light Disrict Amsterdam ???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

hello

I’m posting this on behalf of my close friend who is embarrassed to ask anyone. I tooo don’t know what to tell her. Can anyone help me out. ??

My close friend has been married for 9 years now. As it is their relationship is not too well. Husband openly criticizes her in public. They have an 23 month old son so the s** life is not too bad either I think. ( sorry to be vulgar but need to explain everything )

This week her husband went to Amsterdam. Her husband said it was a 10th class reunion trip and all the 10th class people are going ( which sounds ridiculous cause how can people from India go there ).

She is already upset that considering her sons birthday is coming he could have waited and all of them could have gone together as a family trip.

She is anxious to see how Amsterdam looks like. And she casually was looking at the photos which her husband automatically streams to the tv( Apple TV) so even though she does not have access to his phone she can see his pictures. And today she saw a picture of red light district. She is baffled and shocked and confused. How to interpret this situation??? Please suggest.

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

not vulgur, but presumptuous!

What to interpret ? You can see the pictures of red light district on the internet; no need to visit Amsterdam. Tourists can walk the streets in the red light district, and see windows with the an actual red lamp (on or off). There is a famous statue called Belle (the wikipedia link has that picture), a selfie-taking spot.

Advise your friend to google, to learn about how Holland has come to decriminalize the oldest trade, and why.
    Prostitution in Europe - Wikipedia

If your friend suspects that her husband had visited a sex worker in Holland, she should talk to him about it. And deal with the facts/claims.

Amsterdam has a large Indian population. Not just the recent IT workers, but the desi's who originally went to Surinam, and then migrated to Holland before the Surinami independece in 1976. There are Saravanabhavan Restaurants in Amsterdam and The Hague (capital), and competing Ananda Bhavan also. Perhaps your friend may have seen pictures of those on Apple TV. And group photos of 10th standard classmates eating dosa ?

Another relevant fact for suspicious spouses: In the movie "Silsila", there were scenes from Holland flower fields, where desi's had misbehaved, and eventually felt appropriately contrite.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It depends on the husband.

A while back, a friend visited Thailand with family. Putting the family to sleep in the room, the hubby guy went to some erotic massage center n returned. Once she found out it became ugly, very fast.

The reason for stating that is because a person can do anything regardless of how n where if they want to do it. As he did travel with his wife n kids n still did that.

N there are men who are loyal even in long distance relationships.

So it all depends on what kind of person he is.

As a friend all you can say is ‘it could be nothing. Just talk to him once he’s back’

lavani likes this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Your friend is worried about wrong thing. Amsterdam is more famous as Weed Capital of the world. Just like Thailand is famous for the, ahem, other thing.
    She definitely needs to look into it and question him more. If a bunch of guys getting tog and heading to Bangkok or Amsterdam what they intend to do here would merit closer scrutiny. Not that he may or may not be upto something but why these destinations? why now? he needs to be more forthcoming if he has nothing to hide.

Angela123 likes this.
  5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Ok. I guess this friends Marriage is down the gutters as she clearly sees a picture of the husband posing in front of red light district. Can someone just take a picture in front of it without going in? And what they’ll do for 5 days. I wish I had known before he had gone since we could have prevented him from going.

But another friends husband is going to Belgium for training for a new job. Should I advice him not to let him go ??

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Oh...dear.... oh dear. Taking a selfie at some red light district location is the thing to do for all tourists. Because, they are not of the type to go to the Rijksmuseum and take a selfie in front of the big painting called "Night watch". People are just different.

Rembrandt's Night Watch exihibited at Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam:
    [​IMG]
    Someone had posted earlier to insinuate (and not put it out explicitely) that it is cheaper in Thailand. Perhaps. However, when EU admitted some of the former communist bloc countries into the Union, the citizens of those countries could also come to Germany, Holland and Belgium and set up shop.

I had mentioned high-carbo south indian masala dosa outfits in Holland -- the whole reunion class could be there in one of those locations breaking all their promises of maintaining their diets, and getting dosa-poisoning. Might take years and years of gym treatment to get to a cure.

Him to him married person ? Much safer in Belgium or any other country. Apparently toy-boy-hires are rarely marketed to guys, but to older women on package tours.

However, if it is a mere spell-O..... Belgium is worse. They have got chocolates, a more fearsome thing than who-knows-what. Weigh a husband before and after a class reunion in Belgium.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Thyagarajan, AmulB, yesican and 4 others like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Useful thing to know for Brussels and Amsterdam.

Both airports have Leonidas chocolate outlets. In the unsecured areas of the airport shopping centers. i would recommend telling the traveling spouse to bring home a few boxes. Some of the items have limited shelf lives. The shop girl would tell the buyer that. All OK for import in to the USA. Declare them on your customs form.

Chocolates can be eaten together to celebrate the return of the traveling spouse. Use your imagination on how-to eat together.

Thyagarajan and yesican like this.
  8. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Tell her to ask her husband about everything that, she feels, is not adding up. Atleast, that way she can be sure she is brooding about some facts. But now, looks like she is worrying about things which she is not sure to be true. Sometimes, our insecurities can get the best of us and out minds go crazy, esp when marriage overall is not very fulfilling.

She doesn't have to be rude or doubtful while asking her H. She can enquire about things as a matter of discussion until she gets enough information to decide if something is wrong or otherwise.

Amulet likes this.
  9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

That was a typo. I mean should I tell her not to let him go.

10. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

The husband is still in Amsterdam. He will be back tomorrow. Should I tell the wife to check in Amsterdam in Facebook so that when people ask him questions he will be ashamed of what he’s doing ?? I guess that is the best way to handle it instead of arguing in front of the kids.