1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Recycled!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2050 A.D.
    The Prime Minister was 'happy' to announce the launch of the first completely mechanised recyling plant which used automation for doing the majority of tasks with very less manual labour. "Anything and everything that is recyclable should be!", he said.

Jan 2, 2050 A.D.
    Varaprasad, leader of the Anti Automation Samithi gave a harsh interview where he said that the PM had been a victim of the western countries and put the country at the mercy of them. "When there is a great percentage of people who are jobless, what is the need of automation? Its against workers' union too. And I can prove the hidden deal!", he shouted.

Jan 10, 2050 A.D.
    Varaprasad had been invited meanwhile to have a visit to one of those plants to 'understand' the need of the automation and to convince that more humans are after all going to be required, if the plant was successful. Except the director and him, nobody else were allowed. He saw an end to end demonstration of how a dustbin load of waste was segregated and recycled accordingly and in the end, served raw material for other fields. And except the man who fed the input and switched on the plant, the segregation and all other tasks were smoothly done in a short time. Impressed, but not allowing it to be shown, Varaprasad placed his hands in the smooth and huge conveyor belt that moved without a sound leading to a huge rolling drum, while the director was attending a call from the PM. Within seconds, he was pulled in and shouted in panic. The director cut his call and hurriedly picked the intercom to call the man to stop the plant.

The intercom was unanswered.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A point well proved, unintentionally, but in a painful way!! To whatever heights the advancement in technology is achieved, human efforts can never be undermined.

Good one rgs!

Akila

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

First, I need to thank you Akila, for your response to this blog. Secondly, there are quite a few things that I tried differently in this blog and felt that I need to shape it further. For lack of time, I left it as such. On one side, you are mentioning that the human participation is important. On the other, you see the human folly of not being there when required. And there are other minor things that I tried too. Thanks again. -rgs