Recipe related queries

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by manju_j, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

One more..

Hi,

Even, tried out adding all Indian spice powders like chilli powder, dhania powder & cumin powder, seasoning, fresh cut tomatoes etc. with brussel sprouts and it turned quite simple and neat.

As Mrs.C told, tried putting in sambar too a while ago and that was also good. As it is similar to cabbage in taste, can try all curries which we usually make with cabbage, my opinion.

Bye.

3. ethanmuse

ethanmuse New IL'ite

Thank-you

Those both sound like good ideas. I'll try them once I get paid. Also, if anyone else has ideas, I'm open to them as well.

Also, does anyone live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area who could recommend a good Indian market for me to shop at for the best ingredients at a good price a student can afford?

Thanks again,

Ethan Muse

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ethanmuse

Brussel Sprouts! Must say they are not my favorite among veggies! But like my friends here have suggested, you can try using them instead of the other veggies in the given recipes. Ami is right when she says it is closest to cabbage. They have a very marked flavor and refuse to absorb any other spices!
    I make a dry veg dish with brussel sprouts in combination with carrots or potatoes or both. As they have a slightly bitter taste to them, adding a dash of sugar improves their taste a lot.
    I usually saute them in a bit of seasoned oil ( seasoned with mustard and cummin seeds, red chillies), add salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Garnish with coconut scrapings and roasted nuts like cashew or almond. Serve piping hot as a side with Indian breads or rice.

5. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

share recipe frm leftover biscuits

hi all,
    can somebody tell me any good recipe frm leftover biscuits . what u guys do with broken or leftover biscuits ?

1 person likes this.
  6. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Idly/Dosa with Uncle Bens Rice

Hi,

Could any one post a recipe for idli/dosa using Uncle Bens parboiled rice, Sona Masuri rice and Urad dal. Please help me with the measurements as I had been using Basmati all these days which wasn't tasty. Now that I have purchase Uncle Bens and Sona Masuri I would love to learn the recipe for the same.

Thanks,

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

doubt in corn

Hi ladies

I got frozen corn, not the loose corn, but the one available with stem, like we get in summer.
    When i boil and eat it, it seems like it has got old and doesnt taste good, can i do corn soup with it, what other ways can i use it, I dont want to just throw it away, as it costs more, I got in whole sale shop.

Give me ideas pls

thanks

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: doubt in corn

dear sanravi,
    i have posted the receipe here but still i am repeating, boil and shell these corns, make nice white sauce by heating butter and some maida and mix well then add milk to it and bring to a boil, now add some cheese and u will find it gettting thick now add some pepper and salt and bring it to boil, once it is pretty thick add these corn and cook for some time, now just put these mixture on a toast and bake for ten minutes, u have a fabulous, nutritious break fast or for tea snacks....regards sunkan

9. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: doubt in corn

Hi San ravi,

You can do this. Boil (with salt) and shell the corns, prepare masala as per your taste. Like, take red chilly powder, ginger powder and garlic powder. Mix them in equal quantity with little salt. Put hot cooked corns and put 1 sp. butter on it, just put the masala on that and serve.

It tastes great. Try out and tell.:-D

10. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

corn snack recipe

Hi,
    Cut the seeds of corn with knife
    take one pan, keep it on stove put 1inch size of butter..let it melt
    then add corn kernels & salt ,close with lid put on sim flame..in between stir it..after 10 mins add peppper powder to that & have.
    TOtal process will be like steaming only..

& u can prepare Vada also.

try & tell me
    All The best