1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rebirth

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ratan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks @peddadas . Your comments will inspire me throughout my writing. :cheer:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks@ peddadas for your inspirational comment.:cheer:

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@ratan Good start .
    "Even it is said when a man's ego and a woman's self-esteem wake up it turns the world upside down".These words have a heavy impact in heart.well narrated.keep going .

ratan likes this.
  4. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks @periamma for this precious comment.. You have comprehand inferrence with mere introductory chapter . Hatsoff to your power of intellect..:banana:

periamma likes this.
  5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Chapter 2

A handsome salary and a house were given to Abhay. His hard work and dedication started blossoming his career. Amidst all these a new member in the family entered. They named him Pulak. And after two years, Lavanya came to their life. Everything seems to be perfect. They had few trips to India as well in between.

A person like Abhay, who is so ambitious and eager to succeed, this job is now not sufficient.

“I want to start something of my own. I want to grow and get success.” he expressed his desire to Shailja.

Shailja smiled and assured him, “I know Abhay, you will definitely achieve what you want.”

With the family growing, needs also increased, the social circle also grew and now Abhay has earned a lot of experience as well. His desire to start a business is also growing like other things but the path to reach it is not easy.

Shailja was on the dependent visa. She was involved in taking care of two kids and other household works and Abhay was also busy with his work. They hardly get enough time for each other.

During one of his meetings, Abhay got to meet Akash, who was a resident of the country. Gradually they became good friends and eventually, they decided to convert their friendship to a business partnership.

“Look Abhay, you have a lot of experience in this field and I have money to invest in. I think we should be partners.” Akash offered.

“That would be a great deal. I am sure we will ace the business with this partnership.” Abhay said excitedly.

All official formalities started and Abhay left his job and the house and shifted to a newly rented apartment with his family. Because of this sudden change, Abhay’s relative and employer got upset with him. Abhay also didn't care much and the relationship became sour from both sides.

Abhay became super busy with his new venture. New business, new surroundings, and new people started adding to his life. This leads to new habits like frequent drinking, coming home late, and eating outside food became part of his lifestyle. Till now he was a good father and a caring husband but now things started changing.

As business was flourishing, Abhay bought a condominium in a very posh locality of Singapore. Money has started flowing on his head. His anger and arrogance also increased exponentially with wealth. Shailja was not okay with his changed behavior and whenever she intervenes or tries to say something, it got converted into arguments and eventually into fights. Abhay was not ready to listen or understand any kind of thing against his lifestyle. He wanted everything to be the way he liked.

“Kids are also growing and start understanding things. Our fights should not affect them in any way.” Such thoughts made Shailja step back and overlook things. She started adjusting unwillingly.

From last few days, a small light brown mole was getting visible on the right cheek of Shailja. She thought it may be due to any hormonal changes or vitamin deficiency. She didn't care much and kept on ignoring it. But after a few weeks, she realized the size of the mole has increased and its color has also turned violet. At the same time, Abhay was also out of the country for his business trip as his work is now grown internationally. And anyway he doesn't have time for Shailja or kids. Now he is deeply involved in his work, friends and changed lifestyle. Shailja thought she will wait for Abhay to come back but then she realized quickly his presence will not be of any help. So she decided to go to a Dermatologist for check up after dropping kids to the school unaware of the storm which was going to hit her life.

Adharv, jskls, peddadas and 6 others like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ratan,
    You are writing so well even though it is your first story.:thumbup: your story has been showing how a woman adjust and accept the life how it is for the sake of family. Above statement is so true and even it applies in friendship.

ratan likes this.
  7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

@ratan

Story is going super fast .. Very good update.

ratan likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@ratan What is waiting for Shailja?Good going ma

ratan likes this.
  9. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for like & comment. I agree with you. Life is a strugle for a woman from childhood to old age even.

Mistt likes this.
  10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks @periamma You will find answer very soon. :yum:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019