1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rebirth

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ratan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

I see. So should we ignore these brainless bimbos :confundio1::tonguecrazy:
    Universal truth :p

GeetaKashyap and ratan like this.
  2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Last Chapter

Part 1

Lavanya and Shailja started for Singapore from Kolkata as Lavanya's vacation has started. Pulak was also going to reach Singapore the next day from Australia. Shailja knew as soon as they reach home, Lavanya is going to ask questions when she will see the middle door closed and entrance from another side. So she decided to tell her everything during the flight. As Shailja was narrating her everything, tears were rolling down from her eyes. Lavanya’s soft heart is aching with the pain that such a thing can happen with her parents. To accept this fact that her parents are not together anymore is very difficult for her but it is a harsh reality. Shailja hugged her and gave her the strength to take in everything.

As soon as they reached home, Lavanya opened the middle door. Shailja didn’t say anything. Next day Pulak also arrived. Looking at everyone’s face, he understood something is wrong. Lavanya told him everything and started crying like a baby in front of her brother.

“Why bhaiya?? Why did this happen with our parents? This is such a terrible feeling.” Lavanya cried her heart out.

Pulak was shocked after knowing everything but he handled himself. He kept himself strong and sat near Lavanya and hugged her. He consoled her.

“See Lavanya… when we are feeling so terrible, how Mumma would have felt when she got to know about it. How difficult it would be for her to accept all this? But she never let us knew anything. She made herself strong throughout this time and now it is our responsibility to support her and respect her decision whatever it would be.” Pulak explained her with maturity.

Shailja heard their conversation from outside and her eyes filled with tears. She can see her kids have grown mature and sincere. Now its time for her to take a decision.

Next day she went to meet Vinay Uncle. Uncle gave her condolence and asked about her mother.

“Uncle, I want to thank you from bottom of my heart that you helped me in my hard time and kept your faith in me. You guided me with patience and did so much for me and returned everything.” Shailja said gratefully.

“Shailja… My experienced eyes read your sad eyes and dull face that day. Whenever parents give Jewelry to their daughters, they kept it like their treasure for whole life. When you brought them here to sell off, that moment only I understood there must be some major reason behind it. So I immediately informed your father. ” Vinay Uncle told her.

Shailja couldn’t control and tears rolled down from her eyes. She told him everything about Abhay. She also told him that now her mother doesn’t want her to stay here anymore. Vinay Uncle took a deep breath after hearing everything and offered her a glass of water.

“Shailja… I think your mother is absolutely correct. There is no future of the work, which you are doing here and also nothing left in this relationship. There are no certainties of these visas and work permit as well. You should go back and handle your father’s business with the experience, which you gained here. The circumstances are built as such that you have to face it with your maturity. Take your decision with a calm and composed mind.” Vinay uncle advised her calmly.

“You are right Uncle. I have to take a decision. Kids also knew everything now. I cannot leave alone my mother as well. And anyway I don’t have any place left in Abhay’s life.” She took his blessing and left for home.

After a few days, she sat with kids and asked Abhay that she wanted to tell him something. She put forward her decision of going back to Kolkata and staying with her mother in precise and succinct words without any fight or blames. Abhay was stunned with her decision. But he didn’t stop her. Still, he has no regrets of what he had done. He only said, “As you wish.”

Shailja ended up her conversation saying only one last thing, “Kids belong to both of us. So we both hold responsibilities of them and their future. They can visit and stay with any of us whenever they want.” She sounded firm and strong.

Kids were also accepted and happy with the decision. They don’t want their parents to hang with each other because of them and live an unsatisfied life. It would be best and peaceful for everyone.

Pulak went back to Australia after his vacation got over. Shailja and Lavanya also took the flight of Kolkata. But this new Shailja was reflecting only one thought – “A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won’t fix it or beg, she’ll just fly away.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

Aakash got to know that Shailja went back to India for good. He was shocked to learn this but he was unaware that Preeti had played a vital role in all this.

“Preeti… do you know what happened between Abhay and Shailja? She went back to Kolkata. I asked Abhay but he didn’t say anything. Do you have any idea what is the reason?”

Preeti got nervous with Aakash’s question. She replied with a little-shocked face hiding her nervousness, “Yes… I got to know in the kitty party. It must be their personal matter. How would I know about it?” She was sweating with A.C. on. She had not expected that Shailja would leave everything like this.

Now she started feeling that Aaksah is getting suspicious about her behavior. She became cautious now. Now meeting Abhay like before is not very practical as there were no family dinners anymore. Even she is finding it quite risky meeting him alone also. She is finding it difficult to avoid Aakash’s growing inquiries on going out and chatting on phone. On the other side, she realized that due to lack of attention towards her kids, they have moved to wrong paths. They were not in good company and started telling lies and making excuses.

Gradually she started realizing that her family is also falling apart because of her negligence and involvement with Abhay. She thought about it and decided that still there is time and she can fix this. She started making herself distant from Abhay.

“Preeti… why are you not replying to my messages these days?” One day Abhay asked with irritation.

“Actually I went out with kids to watch a movie. And then we all went out for dinner. I couldn’t get time to check my phone.” She replied casually.

Now Preeti started avoiding taking his calls and replying his messages. One day Abhay kept on calling continuously. After 3-4 hours she finally picked his call.

“What is this Preeti? I am calling you from so long. Why aren’t you answering?” Abhay lost his cool and kind of shouted at her.

“Look Abhay, I also have my own life and commitments. I am not bound to take your calls. I will take it whenever I will feel. Anyways I am very tired. I am going to sleep. Bye.”

“Preeti… Listen to me.” Abhay pleaded but she already hung up on him.

Abhay was not able to understand this sudden change in her behavior. Preeti knew that he will not stop calling or messaging and she cannot block his number. He will call with some other number. So she changed her number and didn’t inform him. Now meeting Preeti has become way more difficult for Abhay. He only got to meet her occasionally in some business parties or so and that too with Aakash. If he tries to talk to her, she simply made some or the other excuse and completely avoid him.

This new version of Shailja and Preeti made Abhay paralyzed and he was deeply hurt. But he has to reap what he sowed.

After 2 years

Outside food, smoking, drinking alcohol, wrong company, adulteration and most of all the frustration of getting dumped made Abhay completely hollow from inside. But still his ego and proud haven’t got down a bit. He was trying to find happiness and satisfaction with these outside things and people. He is not accepting the fact that they cannot give him the happiness he is trying to seek. He was like this from the beginning – for momentary happiness he ignored long-lasting happiness of life.

One night, he felt a terrible pain in his stomach and started vomiting. He lied on the bed. He doesn’t have the strength to stand up and take medicine. He is feeling dizzy and nervous, as there was blood in his vomit. He slept just like that. Next morning he felt a little better and rushed to the hospital. The doctor immediately attended him and did a number of tests. Reports were supposed to come in the evening. He was lying on the bed in a private ward all-alone. In the evening, the doctor came on the round with reports. The doctor asked him to get admitted instantly as they have to start the treatment from the very next day.

As it is rightly said Karma knows its address. Till late night, Abhay’s eyes were staring at the ceiling holding report in his hands. Disease name was written in a bold letter – Hepatocellular Carcinoma(Liver Cancer).

3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

A perfect punishment for what Abhay sowed. A very nice story Ratan. I thoroughly admired your narration. Generally emotional ending hurts but here this is what expected. Good that Preeti understood reality and changed herself for the sake of family. One of the best stories I have read so far. Each characters are justified. Well done Ratan :thumbup:

happyperson and ratan like this.
  4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

That s a very matured way of handling the stuff.

ratan likes this.
  5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thank you Rith for liking and positive feedback on this climax chapter.:cheer:

6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks @peddadas for like the climax.:blush:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Take a bow for creating a story with such a strong characters. Loved the way everyone pulled up for Shylaja and a harmonious split. Well done Ratan for this gem

ratan likes this.
  8. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thank you @blackbeauty84 . Happy to read this lovely comment.:cheer:

9. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

THis is fair. Hope father doesn't spoil the kids :facepalm: like Preeti's kids :( so sad of them. Lucky preeti could bring some change in her life and not repeat the same once again.
    Fantastic!!:worship2: I liked it.
    Brilliant finish @ratna ma'am :clap2::clap2::number_one: very brave and defending character. Pulak and Lavi wer too humble and smart kids :beer-toast1: But the case won't be the same in all the scenarios, preeti's kids are the best example.
    Mom is the icon here :thumbsup::worship2: As said in my prior comments your narration is simply impressive and power packed.

:smash2: this is for me, for feeling pity for Abhay's current stage :frown: This man is so strong headed throughout...he didn't realize his mistake until the end. what else to say may let his soul rest in peace :eek: but I would always wont individual to realize their mistake otherwise they will never no the pain of others. Let them wash off their karmas in the present life and at least be a good person in the next life.

Thank you and keep writing more and more. Goodluck :thumbup:

GeetaKashyap and ratan like this.
  10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Adharv. I am very happy to get most awaited rocking feedback. Your emotions for characters are really wonderful.:clap2:

The success of the story depends not only on readers likings and feedbacks but their attachment to characters also.:thumbup:

What should need to happen in future , I leave upon readers . Your imagination for Abhay is very just.:thumbsup:
    Thanks .

Adharv likes this.