Reasons for Returning to India..

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Shanvy, Jan 19, 2010.

returned or planning to return to india and the reason

Poll closed Apr 29, 2010.
  1. already returned

11.3%
  2. planning to return

40.3%
  3. Aged parents and parents in law

33.9%
  4. Kids

29.0%
  5. love towards home country

35.5%
  6. relocating opportunity from the company

8.1%
  7. if others - please do state so.

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

After seeing active threads on returning to india in this forum, Il-admin, has dedicated this sub-forum.

Many of us have the aspiration to return back. some like me have one leg each on two boats, and i know few friends who have already returned and have successfully settled.

Now I have a query for those of you who already returned : what was the reason to return. some may have aged parents. some want their kids to be brought up in india. some return back as they got a opportunity, that worked well.

And for all those who are planning to return, what is the greatest force that tilts your scale to returning..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Got to see the sub-forum just now and just jumped in to see whats around and I truly appreciate Malathy and IL family for expanding its horizons with varied topics to discuss,share,acquire loads of information with one another.

As far as my Returning to India is concerned,Its hardly been couple of months that I am away from my place,the reasons are many for wanting to be back to India.I miss my loving family and more over my son misses his close buddies,family, even school and his adorable teachers.But at the same there is nothing more important for me other than being with DH and DS,spending time with them.

Right now keeping the options open and hoping some day we will be back to our homeland.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi
    Wow nice thread and sub forum for those people who wish to return to India. In near future I will be returning to India might be a year or 2 or even before that if I feel like.
    1st reason will be for my son who at present studing there and the
    2nd reason is for my in laws where they are not being takecare well.
    and offcourse I always loved to be in India more then this outside world, our country is always ours can't be compared with anyone.

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi,

This is a very nice topic to be discussed.

I have voted Planning to return.Here are the reasons behind it:

Love towards MY COUNTRY :

I know a lot of people crib about infrastructure,Politicians,bribery etc..etc.,Which country does not have any drawback and show me a perfect place to live.Whatever it is India is my country and we will not get the freedom we enjoy in India.

For the sake of my kid:

I sometimes feel my kid might loose contact with our relatives.I have almost lost touch with my relatives since I am staying away from them for the past 14 years(including college days in hostel).I do not want my kid to be a loner later.

Education:

There can be different views on this.But Indian education during the primary and secondary(even UG) cannot be matched.JMO.

I am in MY COUNTRY:

I don't know how many of the NRIs will accept this openly.Wherever you go you are discriminated since you are an Indian.Why develop another country amidst all that discrimination?I would love to shed sweat to develop my country than another one.

Promise to my father:

When my father got a passport for me right during my college days, he took a promise from me that wherever I am I need to come back to India and settle down.Hence I will definitely return to India.

And finally , I would say "East or West India is the best".My country is the best place to live in.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi shanthi

even i am planning to go to India.but my final decision will be taken only by next month.i voted for the last option (others) becoz i am trying to conceive for the past 3 years and none of the treatment worked out here so i planned to go back to india and to continue with my further treatments. also i heard that our country is only the best place for these type of treatments. so just waiting for this cycle if any good news means i will stay back if not planning to go back and settle in India.

6. koramangal

koramangal Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies

We will be returning to India probably middle of this year.
    Who wont like to be in our country?
    I agree with all the views expressed by fellow IL's here.
    I have few confusions and worries cause I have son who is 9th grader and I know he will have tough times to cope up there with 2 languages apart from english. He is more into Basket ball ,does any one knows where we can get a coach in Bangalore/Hyderabad cause we are planning to move to either of this places.
    I too had so many bitter experiences here with neighbours those who are GC/H1 holders.
    At the same time Iam worried about my settlement in India cause I have had so many relationship problems with my MIL and my husband has with my parents.
    Hope everything settles as we have no choice but to move back to India.
    I need to find a job too to avoid any unnecessary issues.
    I beleive and hope that everything goes well.

7. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

Hi shanthi,
    We are planning o return within 1 or 2 years
    * for my kids.... as education in India cannot be compared with any oher place
    * for my parents
    * I prefer culture and values in our country

Sana

8. maparnapari

maparnapari New IL'ite

HI
    This is a good topic. I would like to share my experiences and the reason for returning back to India, which I am glad about.
    I always had this dream back in college days of studying in the US and the urge to do my doctorate, prompted me to amswer all the relevant exams and finally after two years of struggle, landed up for persuing my MS in Pharmaceutical Chemistry course in a college in NJ, USA. There life was cool, but not the money. I had to struggle to pay my fees and earn a living. I had few friends, but good ones and the winters were very cold, unlike back home in Goa. But in the meantime, within 11 months of me being in the US, I got married to my sweetheart, who was very keen about marriage. Then we decided to come back to US, as he too had got admission in my college. But as luck would have it, his visa was rejected. ANd this happended just 10 days after our marriage. I felt the world collapsed. But I did return back to US to complete my Masters, as I would be through in another 6 months. But these months were the loneliest months in my life and felt very depressed. But ultimately did complete my Masters and in the meantime, started looking out for a suitable job. On one side I was excited to start my career in the US, but one the other side, I kept asking my self, Should I stay in the US ? I asked many friends and relatives who were in US, about their plans to return to India, and all of them said at some point they would return home. In the mean time I was getting many lucrative job offers, but then one day, just before taking up one particular offer, I called up my husband in Hyderabad and told him in tears that I wanted to be in India, and that I would return back. He was more than happy and supported my decision. Now looking back 7 years from now, I am very happy that I took the decision to return back to my homeland !
    To my place and breathe in the air ! I guess the main reason for my return was I always had a nagging urge to come back to my land and though liked the freedom out there in the US (which has helped me develop my personality) but felt something amiss, throughout. Now back in India, I feel truly at home !

9. maparnapari

maparnapari New IL'ite

Dear Koramangal
    Everything will be fine, just be optimistic and move on !

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi

wanted to stay close with both the families, and other relatives
    to raise the kid in indian soil.
    to spend more time spiritually