1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really really depressed

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by priyaj1986, Mar 16, 2012.

1. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Hi dear ladies,

I am back here after quite long time. I was TTC but affected by jaundice and in bed rest for two weeks. before i fell ill the day my hubby behaved with me made me much worried about my life.. I have posted few threads here regarding my in laws. In short they are like chameleon and my hubby was thrown away from his hard earned house because of their selfishness. I was his only hope for him(mine is a love marriage). But nowadays he started talking about his parents a lot that he wants them to be with us and he can't live without seeing them. But i am not
    ready for it because my MIL behaved very badly with me. she once hit me with the broom stick and she made many comments that my mom has illegal contact with my hubby. My concern is my hubby has now completely changed now and he is ready to leave even me for his parents. I was the only one who supported him when they threw us out. But he is now talking ill of me and he is asking me to go and live with my mom if i am not ready to live with his parents. I am not ready to leave him because i know about his parents. They will definitely pull his legs if they get a fine chance and i am sure he will come back to me. But some times i feel like leaving my marriage life, resign my job and go somewhere else and lead my life with my mom. I am really confused. Please provide me your help.

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Right now take rest. You r too confused. Try to speak with your hubby when he is calm. Explain to him ur problems.
    Dont take quick decisions. Once u r well settled and ur mind is relaxed, think what u should do.

3. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. I am not ready to talk to him about this any more since i have understood he is completely changed and he is in his parents side. Either i will live with him silently dumping all my worries else i will leave him.

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,
    Why are your in-laws making such cheap accusations about your DH and Mom? Maybe your DH wants to stay away from you and your Mom because of this serious allegation.
    If you stay away from your Mom for sometime maybe DH will change.
    Tell him that you will let time decide who is right or wrong, this way you can avoid taking sides.
    You can also tell Mom that you will not contact her for sometime to prove that she is innocent.
    It will be best to save your marriage as apparently there are no problems between you or DH.

5. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Dear flowerlady,

Thanks for your kind advice, actually this incident happened when they threw out us of my hubby's house and he was the one who cursed their parents for making such accusations. But within three months he is showing such a completely different character.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

may be the stress of baby making, parents forcing or brainwashing, you falling ill and all these issues from all sides has taken a toll on your husband...

finally he is also a human...he too will get tired n exhausted isnt it?? if he had supported you and was with you all this while....this is not the time to ditch him isnt it??

pls try to maintain good health....I always say this in my posts...if a woman is not in good health, the rest of the family falls apart...reason...no one can manage the house as the woman of the house .,,,,takecare of your health and may be its time for a vacation...short n simple one....

also just sit with him and ask him what are his complaints about you....yours is love marriage...so you both know what you were already before marriage...ask him does he feel happy if you abandon your mom...even though she gave birth to you is it fair to ignore your mom and not keep intouch with her? just be normal , be soft, be convincing and requesting and talk to him. dont get his parents topic on what they did or what they said....and leave it to him. last but not least...just let him know that...beating you with a bathroom stick was a big insult to you and you need time to come out of it...because even our own parents dont do that to us....let him deal with all this.

Again he is also a kid of some parents right? doesnt matter how nasty hsi parents were, eventually he would be intouch with them and keep in contact with them and want to take care of them...so dont buildup that hatred that one day you may have to choose b/w marriage n no marriagge...dont go to that extent.

give your brain some rest...cool down and think what is best for your life...what would make him happy.

as far as what your MIL did, try to avoid the face to face contact or talk with her..dont stand or sit infront of her...to avoid any kind of confrontation.

7. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Srividhya for your comments.. But it makes me go mad when he speaks ill of me.. But i will try to be calm for sometime and let the life go in its path.. Waiting for my time:)

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

yep you work on becoming the bubbly person you were when you both were in those lovey dovey (before marriage) days.....bring up his enthusiasm for life....seems like now he is also in mad state...seeing everyone in bad and mad mood.

9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya,
    Your Inlaws are taking advantage of your ill-health and trying to widen the rift between you two. Don't fall in their trap, tell DH that you love him and for you only your marriage is important not parents.
    Dont get mad at him, play your cards right and all will be well.
    If he is easily influenced then you also influence him!
    Be diplomatic, tactful .

10. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Sure flowerlady... I try always to be diplomatic. But i cannot control my emotions when I happen to see my in laws face.. and also my hubby pampering them in front of me.. I should practice to become deaf and dumb and should get my right time to speak.. What you said was 100% right.. They started visiting my hubby as soon as I left him and came to my mom's house due to illness..