1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really depressed

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by omnam, Jan 21, 2012.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

dont mind me asking this question...but just wanted to know....do you want to separate/divorce him....so that you can move on in life...i.e remarry and settle down etc??? or is it because you have no peace of mind due to him calling n making you confused n emotional and no action from his side....what is it??

I know waiting for this guy is like waiting for corruption to end in India..:) but if there is a chance you can wait...will you??? if you dont want to..what are the reasons??

is his sister married??

2. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I want a real normal peaceful life. Even with some magic if he changes there are megre chance that I would change. I dont have any respect for him now. No trust at all. Yes of course I am still attached to him. Yes he do have some attitude issues and anger things but i was adjusted to that. When he used to shout i used to keep quite and vice versa...so we were almost adjusted to each other. We had very good relation minus his mom. All of sudden he realised that he is giving more importance to me than to his mom. Per him his mom went thro alot in her married life (his mom-dad were seperate for a year) so he wants to keep his mom happy (at any cost)...i was proud of this but not at the cost of my peace and respect. His mom is so much pampered and thinks that she can do unacceptable things to me and i have to adjust. So its his too much love for his mom that made us seperate. I dont understand why he married.

Coming to me and my future. I always tried to save this relation at any cost. Now i am tired and dont see any future with him. For him its not possible to leave his mom and for me its not possible to live again with her taking all her bullism again.

Remarriage- First I have to come out of him ie divorce. Need to prepare my mind to get attached to other guy in future. I will consider remarriage only if the guy accepts my kid as his own and of course I dont any reservation to consider his kid as mine. Time has to decide if i go for remarriage or not.

I will wait for him if atleast he calls and say politely that I have xyz reason and wait for me and he come and visit us time to time then of course I will wait. I am thankful for him for not giving such false promises and making me fool again.
    Reasons for not waiting- 1.person who can leave his wife and 4 days old kid in hospital. I dont feel living with such kind of idiots and monsters. How come one becomes so inhuman to his wife and kid listening to their parents.
    2.person who ask money from wife for feeding wife and kid. I dont feel him to love him. I know he is not money oriented. He used to buy clothes from road side shopkeepers and used to get me from malls and big shops. why he has to change listening to his mom? Why he dont have money even to feed me.
    3.Person who loved my niece, clean bathroom himself as i was pregnant(even when problems started btw us)....says that this kid not his own!!!

Enough of me giving reasons that he is ok...but just listening to his mom and behaving monster. This is height of everything. I consider that this is high time to leave him and look for better life. Why i shd suffer whole life?
    I guess my kid can get better dad than this biological father.

First I want to get strength to think of future without him so that I can progress in my career, want to excel in career, want to stabilise financially and of course remarry to a good guy who will consider my kid as his and to make that monster MIL and idiot H realise that whatever she did, ruined her own son's life...I am always better off. And I got nice Husband.

Pray for me.

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

No she is not. They are looking for her. Of course they have high expectation than our strength. As in groom shd be only kid in family, nuclear family, settled abroad, shd have house in his name, car, IL shd visit only once in while, no financial commitements, modern, broad minded blahh blahh....they are ready to give huge dowry too. When I was there they were thinking giving 80pawns of gold and other furnittures but they didnt possessed any gold for her even a year back. Apart from this commitement his dad told that he is having lot of loan and never disclosed amount. It was very clear that he never had any loan just wanted to secure themselves by accumulating money thinking that I will not allow my H to spend on them. Their huge insurity costed lot of confusions, misunderstandings and blamings and now nearing to divorce.

4. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I guess he lost his mind by not expressing his true feelings. To avoid guilt he is trying running from truth. He just want to show off that he is correct and trying blaming me. But he is facing lot of questions abt kid. Nobody is mad to accept whatever he says esp when this kid is resembles him only.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

You have made a right decision. How can one spend decades with a man who suspects the paternity of his kid?? Imagine the child growing up hearing this from his father , atrocious.
    He is making a very,very serious charge on your character.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Dear Omnam...

I dont know whether I am eligible to contribute my suggestions here, but still I would like to share my story which is almost the same as your case.

It is very clear that you are still emotionally attached to him... Dont say you are not.. Then why do you wanna pick up your call and listen to his words even after this separation (and after going through all these craps)? Which means you still have feelings for him, despite the fact that he was so unreasonable and behaved like a monster. Just follow your heart.

Some women are ruled by their mind, some are by their hearts. The former makes decisions logically and the latter makes decisions emotionally. I belong to the second group, call me as an emotional idiot... I understand the pain that you are going through...

Life is full of emotions.. It cant be just this or that... There need to be a gray area, where we need set things straight.

I know you still feel for him... and I know your mind warns you about your past (all the problems that you had to face because of him).

At this stage, you cant go for second marriage.. I am sure you are not mentally prepared for it... Wait...

You say, your husband behaved nice with you, and adjusted with you... You had a child with him thinking that he will remain the same, but his mother (your MIL) has spoiled the soup and manipulated you (through him). Here you know the root cause of your problem...

You need to make your man understand that what he was doing is not right and thus he needs to maintain limits with his mother in order to live with you.

Here are my advises:-
    1- Do not call him or pick the phone if he calls you... Do not communicate in any ways
    2- Pass the message through any common friends that you are no more interested in reuniting, rather planning for legal separation
    3- Convey the message that your MIL is the reason for all the craps and if he leaves her only, you can consider living with him
    4- Set up your life as a single mother... Work, earn, manage the home, find friends, TV time etc..etc...
    5- If possible change the location, so you would feel better
    6- If he ever comes back, ask him clarifications for his deeds, that is rejecting his paternity... Ask him to say it openly and that too infront of his mother that you never cheated on him and he has trust on you.
    7- If possible let some elders/strong members in your family to meet your MIL and ask her to mind her limits

You will definitely see some light at the end of the tunnel... Give some time, but do act to see a change.

1 person likes this.
  7. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Some MIL's never change.. My MIL just broke of my marriage just because she found that I am a nice human being good to her son.(ofcourse there are other issues too) She had an insecurity that her son will fall for me and leave her..
    I got disgusted and waited that my ex will come some day..but he never returned and ended in divorce ..none of his parents really bothered to talk to me atleast once .. I lost my family where as those monsters got everything.a new girl. bottom line is dont be miracles rarely happen.
    After your SIl marriage , they will be more free means they will be ok to give divorce..put a maintenance case and let them pay for it before Sll marriage.

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all for responding on my problem.

As I said I tried and tested all formulas to change him. I too have some self-respect and respect for my kid. I have decided to move on.

Even if he feels guilty someday ..there is little chance that i would accept him. Because of no reason he doubted me that too with brother (cousin), and his mom and all other relatives fuled him more ....i dont trust him anymore. By this time he would have visited some s**ts too...why shd i compromise that too for this kind of husband who showed his back in most needed situation.

Thanks alot sri, flowerlady, Tugga, ivlakshmi for giving me your virtual shoulders and soothing words whenever i need.

9. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

A thumbs up to you from me:) A brave and wise decision indeed. May you and your kiddo get the best possible always!!!!

Regards

1 person likes this.
  10. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @young@heart.