1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really depressed

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by omnam, Jan 21, 2012.

1. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

There is no question of I deciding. He himself will decide what i need to do. He has set of inhuman conditions to live with him like not to have relation with my relatives including parents, no job, no money, no access to outside world including no internet, no mobile, cook, serve, say yes to all crap including if he asks that i slept with my bro ( yes thats true, he suspects with my cousin bro), but i shd not suspect with him even after looking at his chat history with his female frnds (some girl liked him, he made run her behind him till the date of our marriage). Practically thats not possible. But he say if you love me nothing is impossible what for your need these things.

Only good thing he has is if he love somebody he choose to ignore their crime too. Yes he did tried showed unconditional love to me but never showed infront of his mom. Bad thing is if he dont like somebody he would do anything put the person down.

2. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I have tried and tested all formulas love, compromise, even sacrifice, talks, fight...everything possible which can be done but more i adjut more he gets into comfort zone and want more sacrifices from me. I am not supposed to talk too its just he will dictate. I thought he would have changed a bit but he was same even after a year.Same kind of attitude, same bad words and says he loves me!!???$#

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I didnt understand something here...you said he showed unconditional love towards you!!!!!!!!!!??? and not infront of his mom??????

so what is the issue here, just because he doesnt show love n affection infront of his family??? thats the problem???

There are totally 2 diff. statements here!!!!!!!first one you are saying he is abusive and says he loves you!!! seconed one you are saying he shows unconditional love..but not infront of his mom...what is the truth here???

One thing is sure...a man who says the kid is not HIS!!!! really.............no matter how many times he talks about love.....he doesnt mean it. may be its his only weapon to bring your strength n courage down!!!!1

how can a man be away from his wife n kid for such a long time, and still use the word love!! I dont get it at all

4. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Yes of course i thought he loved me. HIs mom was super controlling person. Inside our room he will promise to have peaceful life with me and staying in diff house after sometime. But that "sometime" never came. His mom never allowed us to move to other house. I used to cook and clean but she always complained about me and nag infront of all about this. WHen he saw him not talking anything in support of me or atleast to stop put allegation on me, i had to start answer back, which they never liked.

There are many things where he should have raised his voice to make his mom understand but he never did.

1. Frequent visits to my mom's place-He never liked to stay away from me but his family always tried to find reasons to make me stay away from H. MIL will ask me to go to my mom's place for xyz reason and call my mom to take me for a or two for xyz reason. Though i used to fight with him as i never liked going unnecessarily but just to satisfy his mom he convince me. Then in a day or two call over to fight with me why you went cant you say i wont go. He dont have guts to talk against his mom rather expects me and my mom to go against his mom.
    2.Finance matter-MIL-FIL made sure that we are left with nothing at the end of the month. Though H had good salary. ILs told that they have some debts..H asked for the amt so that we can close once for all by taking some personal loan. Per H they never told. I dont know if ILs are liers or H is also involved. Moreover they asked me to give my salary and of course not to ask wht they do with it. For this also i used to fight with H....of course i was talking infront of deaf and dumb. I lost job in few months of wedding their attitude changed.
    3. Possessive and obsession- He was so much possessive...I dont call it possessive if he thinks good looking wife is threat to his marriage. He was always all around me. He never liked me talking to others. I shd talk only to him. I guess i couldnt managed it well. I stop searching for job when i thought of this attitude of him. I thought we shd develop trust first, he shd get over this insecurity than it is good for me to go for job. Which irked ILs. Here one H was happy as i was SECURED at home but when he round of talks with his parents he would ask me to again look for job. And i knew what if i would go for job!! I discussed with him, he understood but he never had guts to say to his parents that she wont go for job for a while.

So it was Love without protect and trust and I realise now it was never love but fake for s** and MONEY.

5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Omnam,

I have read some of your previous posts too..I feel he is giving mental harassment with out physical abuse
    Since the time u have spent with ur hubby is really less i feel tht he did not get much of affection on u..Inlaws seem highly interfering
    you have told that your hubby is wants to put lot of conditions.. I would say give him and your self another chance.. tell him that "You are ok to come and stay with him provided if he does not keep any conditions and you want to try to be in nuclear family instead of joint family"..one really good thing is your hubby is atleast calling you to come (my ex never bothered to call me at least once though there are some mistakes from my end too but things would have been worked out) ..take that opportunity and try once again..i feel that he might have realized his mistake to some extent
    There is nothing wrong in trying once again..To be honest I did not achieve anything through divorce (it was his need and I gave it).. After divorce , the society and loved ones are also not very good towards women ..
    I feel that some things in your case can be handled . u can also give silent treatment to all. Now that a kid is born to u , you can just leave her to your MIl and nicely do the job then she will understand the pain. Infact most women are doing this. One treatment my cousins wife gives is she never speaks against hubby or inlaws but rather does what ever she wants..She just ignores others words and sits continuously.She never leaves hubby but rather ask her parents to come to their house.
    Most men dont ask for apology due to their egoistic nature..If you try and adjust this time then after some time you hubby will feel responsible towards you and his own daughter , may be u can plan for another ..he would change..After some years your MIL might feel herself as outsider, more over she is dependable..
    If you leave him and take divorce..he will easily marry another where as u have to take the responsibility of your kid with very less possibility of second marriage. I often felt that my ex would have given me and himself another chance instead of leaving me..your case is different try once again this is my advice and sorry if at all i said anything wrong..

6. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Omnam,
    I just want to know what makes you pick his call when he is still suspicious on the paternity of the Kid.
    I guess,This guy is trying to play with the emotional strings which you have for him.. Still you have this emotional strings with him you would ve to go through this emotional cycle of ups and downs..
    If he wants to be the father to the baby then he has some reason to talk to you and you might talk to him.. When the baby is out of picture for him whats the need to talk to him..
    U have to be firm and tell him that Actions speaks loulder than Words and ask him to show that he really wants to live with you as couple..
    U can give him examples like Accepting his Paternity, Moving out of his family and living alone so that u can join him later, visiting baby, working on the relationship before moving together(all are juz wat i could think of)...
    If he doesnt agree to anything you gotta be very very storng and have to forget that such a man exists which means you have to cut all ur ties with that man and his family so that you can think and prepare yourself for other options...

1 person likes this.
  7. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shruthi for your encouraging words.

I have decided to move on in life without thinking of this guy. He is no more liveable.

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Thanks viswa for your prayers for me. Its really gives me positive vibes thinking somebody praying for me.
    Thanks alot.

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

this guy sounds very manipulative...he doubts whether the kid is his or not...but he claims emotions n love...seems like he does have some social issues related to being divorced...

have you tried negotiating through a middle man or some relative?? i mean you both can live in the same city in a separate house...he can visit his parents if he wants to...but you wont be ready to live with his parents etc...

deal with all this after your sisters marriage..dont waste your energy n time over this issue again n again...leave it for sometime...enjoy the vibrations of wedding...the positivity etc...who knows..that may rub you off in a positive way!!! and you may figure a better way to deal with all this....or may get more clarity.

10. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Tried with relatives...even with their lawyer ( who is fighting case for their property issue with his uncles and grand pa for ages). His Parents acting smart telling we dont have any issue with DIL and kid we want them to live happily with son. When Lawyer said that let husband-wife deal the issue in privacy instead infront of anybody...then they have their own reasons like waiting for DD to get married, son dont want to live seperate with us (i know its his mom who is telling this...and H trying protecting them n jsut saying yes because when i spoke to him before that he told that after his sis wedding we will live seperate from parents).

Yes he and his family have mastered in being manipulative because FIL fighting lot of cases against his own dad , his brothers and MIL not having relation with his own brother for he lost 50k in his business ( for that this lady made him sell his house just for 50k not waiting for even a month) and was not in talking terms with her mom for 7yrs. When these ppl does to their own brothers and parents and change statements...i just cant belv their sugar coated words for me.