1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really Confused. How to deal with this woman !!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anushka9, Feb 3, 2015.

1. anushka9

anushka9 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am writing here after long time.Things were never good between me and my MIL but whatever wrong and rude things she had done ,I tried my best to forget and move on and nnot to give weightage to her actions.But recently I got to know from one of my cousin SIL that my MIL has bitched about me and made a bad name of me among the relatives.This is something that is bothering me because I was very nice with all of the relatives.She cries in front of them and say that she has got a very cunning DIL who has snatched away her son.She says she is in state of depression because of me ( And I was the oen who got so much stressed and went into state of depression and ven got fits )She has said such things like " Ye sara time apne mayeke padi rehti hai and mere pass rehti hi nahi"She lives at her mom's place everytime and dont want to spend time with us.As I live out of delhi because of my husband's job,so I divide the time frame for both in laws & parents whenevr I go to Delhi but my MIL behaves so bad with me ,keeps on taunting me everytime on some or another thing,will become rude without any reason,so I prefer to stay little more at my parents home.When she is not good to me & I know she doesnt like my mother at all,then why will I prfer to stay with her for max of my time ? Still I stay with her and tries my best to maintain calm at home by ignoring as much as I can.But the thing that is bothering me is that was this really worth it ? If she anyways has to pinpoint me and say to relatives that I am cunning & dont want to live with her despite I actually live with her help her in all households chores,she makes me cook almost everything without offering hand of help to me,then why did she say this?She came to stay with us for a week and I tried to be very normal & respectful towards her.Took her out for shopping & this is what I am listening from relatives in return that I am a shrewd,hypocrite & cunning girl? She has even said this that its her biggest mistake of life that she married her son to me. I am really not able to overcome with all this..Please help me with ur valuable guidance.

PS : My SIL who told me about her doesnt like her due to some personal differences but the things she told me ( i cant trust everything ) but yes many of them are true because she has also said such things to my DH like "she gives more importance to her mother than me "and much more.

One more thing that my MIL is behaving good with me in front of DH and has told me to come to delhi for my Birthday.My B'day is falling next week and I want to go to delhi also as my massi from aborad has also come after 3-4 years & and i want to celebrate it with my parents & my relatives but definitely not IL's ( Specially MIL ) after listening to all this ..How to avoid them being part of my celebration because I know as she hates my mom she will make rude faces & will not talk properly with her if we all go together for dinner.And I dont want to spoil my birthday because of this lady as she has already spoiled some important events earlier of my life

2. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Anushka9
    Welcome back to IndusLadies
    Fighting with your MIL is not good
    There should be some reason that you MIL does not like you
    You should find what it is and try to destroy it
    When your MIL shouts at you,reply with calm and sweet words
    Did you find what is the reason that your MIL does not like you?
    You should tell you husband about this and ask him what to do
    Does your husband know about this?
    Regards,
    Sahana

3. anushka9

anushka9 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sahana,

Yes my DH knows evrything and no. of times he has made his mom understand that she has done wrong.For eg : He told her that she doesnt like my mom then how can she expects me to like her ?

Regarding the reason : Yes I know that the major one is she wants that I should keep minimum contact with my parents/relatives and she thinks my mom is a culprit who has polluted my mind against her which is totally untrue ..she has lots of insecurity and even she said this to my DH that Me & mom will snatch him away from her. No.of times I have tried to initiate and keep the relation cool n calm but she just doesnt wnt to.Problem with her is that she wants that evrythign she says I should follow that without thinking and should almost stop staying at my mom's home.
    How cn this be possible?They are my parents and we are two sisters I being elder daughter also has some responsiblity to take care of them.I definitely cant stop being in touch with them!

2 people like this.
  4. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Anushka9

In that case why do you want to celebrate your birthday in Delhi.Celebrate your birthday in your home with your husband.

When your MIL has specially called you for birthday to Delhi,how will you go to Delhi and celebrate your birthday with your parents excluding her.This will further spoil your relation with her.

5. anushka9

anushka9 Bronze IL'ite

I forgot to mention its my parents anniversary as well a day before my birthday & this time I m here in India so want to celebrate with them and I have to meet my massi as well because she has come to India after 3-4 years.a

1 person likes this.
  6. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Anushka
    You should act to your MIL that you don't like your mother
    But you should look after your parents and sister
    You can help your parents and tell your MIL that your are helping your father and not your mother
    You MIL don't like your mother only
    Does your MIL hate your father also?
    Don't let your DH talk to your MIL favouring you because she will think that you turned her son against her and she will hate you more
    You said that she acts that she is good to byou in front of your DH
    You should tell your DH that he should also come to delhi or else the birthday won't be great
    You should not deny the invitation of your MIL
    Your parents should not come to the birthday
    Sorry for the very long reply
    Regards,
    Sahana

7. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Sorry dear. I completely disagree with you. Op is a dil not a slave. Why should she pretend that she doesn't like her mother. Mil is not God. She should understand that it's not an easy thing to give up parents that too for a drama queen that happens only in tv serials.

7 people like this.
  8. anushka9

anushka9 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply Sahana but why should we girls suffer ..My parents are the ones who have given me birth & I should not call them on my birthday ? with whom i have celebrated all my birthdays before marriage just for the sake that my MIL should be happy ??And I should tell her that I hate my mom ? Sorry dear but I strongly disagree with this.( I didnt mean to offend u ) but my thinking differs from u here.I can leave my MIL forever but cant hurt the mother who has given me birth ..this would be big injustice to her motherhood! ( even though if I pretend... though I cannot do that )

1 person likes this.
  9. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Dear OP
    How some one can act not liking their own mother. The only thing i have to say is u have to be logically correct. after that u don't need to be scared of anybody.
    Do u have SIL or BIL?

1 person likes this.
  10. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, if you and MIL have issues with each other, please stay away for a while. Distance and time can do wonders in relationships. The more you see/talk to your MIL, more friction and unpleasant events are bound to happen. This will cripple the relationship, whatever is left of it, permanently.

I strongly feel that if you are the type to celebrate your birthday well, you should do it with your parents and people you are comfortable with.Calling your MIL will cause tension not only for you, but for your parents too.

Let us at least from our generation on wards, stop this nonsense of "forgetting parents and putting PILs on a pedestal; we are not in parents' family anymore but only PIL family" etc. etc. Our parents deserve better than this.

6 people like this.