Reading for Blind students in Chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by blackbeauty84, Nov 28, 2014.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

If anyone is interested in reading/writing for blind students on Saturdays between 9.30 to 1.00 in English/Tamil do send me a PM. This activity happens in Kodampakkam.

4 people like this.

2. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

Hi, I know people who would be interested, can you provide me with more details.

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Hi Blackbeauty
    Really good to know that you have found happiness at last! And you are also doing good work now...I will not be able to help you, but have you explored some software?

I have a nice app called GoRead on my mobile which reads books aloud

One more thing..are you volunteering for some social organisation? And what is the ediucational level of the students?

Thanks

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Raji. Yes Life is very beautiful now.
    I'm volunteering for an social organisation and most of these students are from poor economical background. I'm not sure how far they can use app. There are students in different level starting from graduation, post graduation and even few PhD. A good majority are from Tamil medium as well.

5. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

blackbeauty , kudos to you for helping and for involving our community members.

Raji,
    Some more additional information from my side . I used to volunteer there few years back . Most of the books in our academics are not available in braille or Audio .
    As shared by blackbeauty These people are mostly from economically poor background.

Apart from reading you can also help people by getting books recorded in audio format .

Also you can act as scribe for their exams.(People needed in Loyola College,Chennai ).
    They especially require people who are well versed in Tamil . Most often they get english speaking volunteers easily

6. sarada11

sarada11 New IL'ite

am residing in ashok nagar area, am interested in it, let me know further details on it

1 person likes this.