1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rapedemic!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Apr 23, 2018.

1. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

It becomes an epidemic cos our population has swelled over the years. Greater the population, higher the incidence numbers. Even number of incidents per 1000 people has gone up due to fundamental changes in social demographics as pointed out earlier.

Also mass media has exploded from a few newspapers , 1 radio channel and 1 tv channel to over 1000s of tv, radio channels and newspapers, social media, sms, live breaking news etc. So we are bombarded more than ever before.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You see now that judgement has been pronounced in the Asaram case, everyone is getting euphoriuc. Wait till the case reaches the Supreme court. It might take decades and the girl will be an old woman. I am not being cyical. Just look at the time the Salman Khan case took in the lower court . It took 20 years!

NeetaR and Archanaanchan like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Joylokhi the easiest thing is to pass a law and the most difficult thing is to implement it. Laws mean nothing when everything moves at snail's pace/. Fast track trials and sentencing asre the only way out. These courts must have the same status as high court so that valuable time is not wasted on high court appeals..

joylokhi likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Very true. O The media iare flooding uds with so much information and misinformation that it has bcome tough to separate grain from chaff., We are either drowning in a sea of information or a whirlpool of misinformation.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sunburst you want to go the Arab countries wy keeping women in veils and draconian punishment for misdemenaours like stoning to death?Even at times I am veering towards the view that there is nothing like civilized or barbari8c in punishments. There are only effective or ineffective punishments. For instance, why not castrate rapists? The very fear of losing their manhoods will keep a lot of potential rapists at bay.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I never mentioned about women wearing veils or stoning to death for misdemeanor so please don’t misquote me or twist my words . I am not sure how you jumped at this conclusion ?
    Yes , I certainly want to go the severe and the harshest punishment way for rapes which in my books is not a misdemeanor . Thank you !!

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I didn't misquote you but th

I didn't misqute you b ut the point was we can't follow the Arab nations in every way.In countries like
    Saudi Arabia women are kept inm veils at least in with their head covered but we can't afford to go that medieval. We canh't also not afford harsh punishments like stoning the criminal to death or by castrating them.

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I tthink the Supreme court must handle only constitutional issues and there should be seperate set of courts for civ9il nd criminal proceedings. The crimi9nal proceedingsa court should hve a deadline for deiding on each particular case. That way things would be soeeded iup , Otherwise the accusd would probably die a natural death before he is hanfged and the victim would becone a wizwned old woman.I

silentlistener likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Eafello do not insult animals. they don't sexuially force themselves on another. They mate only in a particular sexually. unlike humans. Humans sre nature's most depraved ceations.