1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rantings Against troublesome inlaws!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by IamSc, Jun 10, 2014.

1. IamSc

IamSc New IL'ite

Well,I am a new member and I really needed to vent against my in-laws.
    I am married for almost 7 years, my husband and I dated for some time before marriage, we have a lovely 3 year old and we stay away from India.Life is good except for my MIL(Monster in law) to be more appropriate.She is greedy, cunning and always acts differently in front of her son.
    From the time I married into their family(she couldn't ask dowry upfront as we had a love marriage and both of us earning good),her discussion is around what gold DILs gave their MILs.During my marriage, she was "bankrupt" and hadn't have anything while surprisingly, during my husband's sister's marriage 1 year back(with gold price skyrocketting) she could afford to cover her with all gold. Not only that, when my daughter was born , they just gave some tiny bits and were always like "someone else' father gave this much gold during this ceremony" etc.
    While I don't care much about what she gives me or my daughter,I hate the dual face of her .She tries to project that she is very charming in front of my husband and in his absence always would be harping on this. She caused a huge fight last time when we visited India between my husband and my family .Now my husband wants them to again come here and stay with us for an extended time .How do I deal with her and expose her real face?
    P.S I could maybe rant some more but I will end here for today

2. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

welcome to the club!
    All I can say is hang in there. The tantrums will continue.You cannot correct her, But you can make yourself stronger.Forget about exposing - just remain calm and let her do her thing and one days she will accidentally show her true face in front of her son too.
    Till then, lay back - dont complain about her to your H and become the villain.

1 person likes this.
  3. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Let her unravel on her own, her true colours will come out, just be a bystander and let mother and son figure it out.

4. bluebanana

bluebanana Bronze IL'ite

Monster in law...heheh...good one

5. IamSc

IamSc New IL'ite

Well, aren't most of them are ? :rotfl