Random Talks

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Urmila, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

With such corruption in TN politics one can only hope to get clean drinking water supply to Chennai and TN.

I watched this news and was wondering how to get clean water supply to us. Maybe have to boil and cool water or the aqua filter but with many family members will be such a hard task. Water supply is a basic necessity and the quality of that itself is unreliable here. Just pondering again here.

kaniths likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

If you are interested, I suggest to check out the (Hindi) TV series - Dharmakshetra.

Synopsis:
    The Great War is over. Kurukshetra lies barren, sans its great warriors and king, sans justice. The vicious battle saw the end of the unforgettable ‘heroes’ and ‘villains’ of the Mahabharata. The thin line between just and unjust, fair and unfair, deceit and loyalty, betrayal and duty, has never been questioned. The answers to these unasked questions lie buried in the ruins of history. Dharmakshetra resurfaces these buried questions and allows the legendary characters of this tale an opportunity to tell their side of the story for the very first time. In a post-apocalyptic trial, held in Maharaj Chitragupta’s court, the seeming villains ‘Kauravas’ are allowed to accuse the so-called heroes ‘Pandavas’ and vice versa, in an attempt to justify their actions. Upon hearing all the arguments made by the prosecution and the defense, Chitragupta delivers his final verdict.

In short, a mythological 'court drama' and Chitragupta makes sure everyone gets a fair trial (and judgment). Some really good arguments and interesting perspectives, liked very much. Krishna isn't spared either, Lol!

I'm not sure if it's available online anywhere to watch, try Netflix or Amazon.

SunPa and Urmila like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

^ Endha vagayil... I had watched these two movies last weekend. Chinna budget, nalla stories, with a message to take home too.

Merku Thodarchi Malai (2018).
    Echarikkai - Idhu Manithargal Nadamadum Idam (2018).

Urmila likes this.
  4. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Will try to watch it. All I remember is when the Pandavas were going to the heaven there was a dog which was following them. There was a discussion when the siblings failed to follow. Yudhishtira used to say reasons about why the lagged behind. The dog turned out to be the Yama Dharma.

kaniths likes this.
  5. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Yet to watch them but I know Merku thodarchi malai is a good one from reviews. The hero had been staying there in the mountain base and used to get up and down the mountain daily so that it looks more realistic. Many of the co artists in that movie are local people and so they learnt the local slang as well.

Should appreciate the director LeninBharathi. The movie had endured many difficulties before release and the movie had a very good reach because of the positive reviews by the media. Also of note is that such movies had to reach the international film festivals and get appreciated before release in TN. I am finally happy that the movie found not only acceptance but also made it financially profitable. But don’t know whether the hero will get the same in financial aspects. Hope he too gets good recognition hereafter.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    kaniths likes this.
  6. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

How would public know which fruits are the good one?! Alarming news but atleast we become aware of it.

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

So this is where the 'hutch dog' ad commercial people got their inspiration from? :smile::tonguewink: Lol.

Mistt and Urmila like this.
  8. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I had never watched that ad and so watched it now!

I came across this interesting story about Sirius, the Dog Star. They had talked that also in Indian context where it represents, Svana, which is Yudhistira’s dog.

kaniths likes this.
  9. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Though love is universal, animals remember and show it better than some humans! Isn’t it strange that some human beings who belong to this ‘Aararivula manithargal’ category behave worse than these wild animals?!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Mistt and kaniths like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

How come not? It was a very popular ad, back in the days when the company was still 'Hutch' network and Vodaphone hadn't taken over. Think I was in school or college then, lol don't remember... that long it has been I guess. Boy and his pug - now it's a grown-up guy and pugs following him like Pied Piper but ain't charming like the original. Anyways...
    In a different conversation on IL, "dogs in mythology" had come up (Post #102 - Sarama) and I shared my little research on the same (Post #114) but damn had missed this Shvan-Sirius connection. Interesting to note from Wikipedia that Sirius is "Mrgavyadha" (deer hunter) in Sanskrit and represents Rudra, Lord Shiva. The star is referred to as "Makarajyoti" in Malayalam, makes sense in the context of Sabarimala Jyoti. Lots of other references of Sirius in fiction as well, good to know. Thank you.
    Sweet, also brings to my mind another dog story about Argos from the Greek mythology. Argos was Odysseus’s dog, a little puppy when Odysseus left him home for the war. When he returned some 20 years later disguised as a beggar, Argos was the only one to recognize him.

Argos wagged his tail at Odysseus one last time and died after seeing his master return home.

Poor thing. Engeyo ketta madhiri eruka? Remember our 'oru viral puratchi' thalapathy (ada Vijay nga!) 's super duper hit - Thulladha Manamum Thullum? Adhey! :grinning:

Yaara solreenga? Rahul Gandhi? :tearsofjoy:
    Kidding. True, animals are more loyal and noble than many of us. Maybe Rahul Gandhi should 'hug' more and spread humanity I say!! :tongueout: Lol.

BTW I see you are a new ILite. There is a new "fun talk" chit chat thread, check out if you like to meet and mingle with more people here. :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Urmila and HazelPup like this.