Random Talks

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Urmila, Sep 26, 2018.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Liked this video, not much surprised since we have historical connection to Indonesia from Chola times, still very cool to observe linguinstic similarities between our languages.

Urmila likes this.
  2. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Yes. Was an interesting video. Made me read more. It’s quite common among the south Asian languages for such loan words. This link I had read before.
    Tamil loanwords in other languages - Wikipedia

The following link I went through only the tables. Hadn’t been able to read the whole article.
    (PDF) Tracing the linguistic crossroads between Malay and Tamil

kaniths likes this.
  3. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I was reading and listening the news about actor Sivakumar’s recent reaction to a selfie by a public. I saw the video as well. What he did was wrong. The guy who had tried to take selfie seemed not a well off guy and seemed genuinely interested in sharing some personal moments on that occasion. Moreover it is a public event and the actors are only there because of their public figure and many would have been taking videos and photos. His behaviour was definitely rude and callous without even thinking about breaking someone else phone. He had no clue about how much he would have hurt that poor guy and he doesn’t have a clue about the financial status of the guy. For lots breaking any phone is going to be financial distress. Even if he did pay for it what he did will never vanish. Seems another incident to learn about how people have less threshold for displaying their anger.

kaniths likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Mahabharatham, Ramayanam, Kamban, Tamizh nu medaila mattum pesi enna prayojam? Sattunu avar mela erundha mariyadhai konjam koranjirchu. Ennavo ponga. :(

IMG_20181029_193740.jpg

:tonguewink::tonguewink:

Urmila likes this.
  5. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I have never heard his talks, though had seen them. Seems he never learnt much from the epics.

That meme is so cute! :smiley:

kaniths likes this.
  6. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Another current cinema news. On story theft! Sarkar and film 96 are being told as stolen story. Was watching these videos. There was an interview by AR Muragadoss which I had not watched yet. But wondering why settle outside court if he claimed it his story. Seems they steal not only stories from other languages around the world they do it within the Kollywood itself.

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Adhavdhu.... AR M, padam Diwali ku prechannai edhum illama release aaganum nu, epdi "perundhanmaiya" othukkitar nu oru pechu adipaduthu! :laughing::tearsofjoy::mask:

Urmila likes this.
  8. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Tharaila kuppura vizhundhaalum meesaila manal ottavillai pola!:smiley:
    Solradhai sollivittu pogattum!

See you later

kaniths likes this.
  9. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I have been reading all about the tax havens and how people evade taxes. All started with the Panama Papers. Here is the article. And it did win prize for same. Read more here. It led to the arrest and close down of the involved firm. More on this topic later.

kaniths likes this.
  10. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

The above was followed by this investigation and the paradise papers were leaked. It all started like this. If interested in watching more on this topic can watch this and this.

@kaniths
    This was what I wanted to share before. Actually many more videos are there on this topic alone but I just shared few here. Podhuma videos!:wink:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    kaniths likes this.