1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Random Discharge/ Spotting

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by raki, Jan 22, 2018.

1. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 34 years old female. I had a C section in July 2014 and then in Dec 2016 as part of birth control i used copper T.

My periods after my son was born has become very random. The periods resumed after my son was 1 year old.

I get it every month almost during the same day or difference of 2 days.

But what worries me is that few days before the period and few days after the period, there is vaginal discharge. Sometimes it is light pink like some tissue is getting flushed and sometimes it is light red and sometimes brown.

Apart from my period which is almost for 5-6 days, i see this spotting/discharge almost for 10-12 days..(before period+after period = 10 to 12 days of spotting)

Also, i have white discharge also and off late i am experiencing dizziness if i do not get enough sleep/ skip meals.

I have read many articles that other than during periods there should not be any vaginal discharge.

I did a pap smear in August 2017 and also visited a gyno and they said everything is normal.

But I am still worried. Should I get screened for cervical cancer?

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

If u suspect cervical cancer, they should have found in Pap smear itself. They might have told u to take scans. So need not worry. Anyway discuss with doctor. But Iam sure nothing serious.

3. Perennial

Perennial New IL'ite

I'm not a doctor and i'd suggest to use your discretion to distill this info further.The discharge of thick mucus like substance could be caused by a host of reasons and some of them have been documented well in this blog.
    Mucus in Urine: What's Causing It?

Having said that, a quick urine test and symptom identification can hopefully help pin down the root cause. In a maximum number of cases, it is body's way of flushing out toxins. I think by asking right questions, you are being proactive than reactive to this situation. Hopefully it's just anxiety and you'll feel better once the cause is nailed down. Take care.

4. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi Sweety82 and Perennial ..thank you for your inputs.
    @Perennial: I will definitely go through the link you referred.