1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rambling! What Else You Expect Me To Do At My Age?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ojaantrik
    My dear OJ
    If it had been only senility, I would have dragged my daughter to the second para too but you ought to know that my senility has been reinforced by loss of memory caused by my stroke. Incidentally it was on this day last year that I had my first stroke. With all my memory loss, I somehow remember this date!
    All the poets of our Yuga tend to think of the life of avatars like Rama and Lakshmana in terms of the life span of 100 years which is what is destined for the human lives of the current yuga. In the Treta yuga to which Rama belonged the average human life span was 10000 years! In that kind of long life span, 14 years would have been very negligible. It is almost like a court asking a convict to be in the court till the close by way of punishment. What Rama went through in terms of our life span may look like 14% of the life span but it was not so. This is what our Yuga legend say:
    Treta Yuga - This yuga witnessed the decline of virtue to a quarter of the previous one. Human stature was valued at 14 cubits and average human lifespan was 10,000 years.
    Sri Rama was supposed to have lived for 11000 years!
    Kanva Maharshi who was supposed to have brought up Sakunthala also belonged to Treta Yuga
    Can you believe that the little girl Kavya you saw is in her final year B.Tech?
    How life gallops!
    Sri

ojaantrik likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri believe me it was random selection under snippet and your rambling and the views it had generated from your forum lovable pals that resulted in your humorous and illuminating video accompanied rejoinders did good to my heart. Kindly accept my thanks and congadulations. I'm brand new to this online forum and posted an anecdote which was transferred by Admin to snippet section a few weeks back.
    The 14 % life span of this yuga vs Epic period of Sri Ramayana - your explanation was quite impressive. I also re-read the comments of mr/mrs Srama, Ojantrik, Vishwamitra in this wonderful thread and enjoyed.
    You began with pate, promotion, combing invisible locks and made your point about peer pressure might have caused the baldness. The prequels and sequels were thoroughly enjoyable and the offshoots revealed the great personalities of your pals. May I wish Godspeed in your future "( un ) Senile ramblings that would enrich others. I think in limited measure peer pressure to be considered sine qua non for growth though in isolated cases it has negative implications as happened with celebs and in top echelons. (Ex Chairmen of UTI & Canara Bank in 1980s)
    With reverence and love THYAGARAJAN - young IL'ite.

3. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    Dear Thyagarajan
    Welcome to IL and thank you for paying an early visit to a thread of mine.
    Your appreciation of my Rambling is embarrassingly lavish. I have been writing in these column for over 10 years and I am beholden to all who have shown interest in my style of writing and encouraged me. You are a new comer to this wonderful community and I assure you that you will find this an ideal place to share your thoughts. Write with a open mind and it ill be instantly accepted. Initially the reception to what you write may be lukewarm but let it not dishearten you. But let me assure you that your wait will be worth the while.

What I love about this community is that there is absolutely no one upmanship and if you write well, it will be appreciated wholeheartedly. The camaraderie is spontaneous, genuine and highly encouraging. If you are a budding writer, this is the place to launch yourself. If you dabble in serious writing, the responses that you receive will take you further ahead.

I am glad you have arrived here. There is a whole new world of fun waiting to be explored by you!
    Sri

4. Thyagarajan

Dear Sri :blush:
    You have put me in absolute bliss with your encouraging words. Kindly accept my thanks from the bottom of my heart. It is incredible, at your age especially after a stroke that one can be so enthusiastic in writing and responding on a regular basis in an online open forum. With your advise, always at the back of my mind, shall with good earnest would endeavour to contribute to Indusladies.com
    Regards.
    :innocent:V THYAGARAJAN
    Ex BARC ANUSHAKTHI NAGAR & DGQA MULMBAI.
    MIT Chennai

5. Thyagarajan

A bald man in hurry met by a ingenious salesman offering freebee alongwith every purchase of specially formulated oil that would help growing hair on dry pate. The man was desperate and bought a bottle of oil and demanded the free gift. A nicely ribboned packet was handed over to him by the salesman. When he opened the packet he was nonplussed. Yes you had guessed it rightly.
    It was a pair of .... hmmm ....barber combs.

6. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    Dear Thyagarajan
    It is good to see your enthusiastic response to my suggestion. I have no doubt that you will soon be one of our popular writers. The bald man's story is funny. At the same time, it tells us that self confidence is most essential to achieve our goal. The oil in the hand of the bald man does only play a minor role. It is the comb that will make him confident about the efficacy of the oil! It is like the auto-suggestion that 'day by day I am getting hairier and hairier'!
    Sri

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    I read this snippet the day you posted it.
    i did not know how to respond so left to think about it and come back.

Again i came back to read it, but still could not come back with a good response.
    I have been reading the snippet and still my brain is not able to think of coming back with a good response that your post deserves.

Today again, I came.
    I decided to tell you sir, that I read your post but still unable to come back with an apt response.:facepalm:

8. Cheeniya

@kkrish
    My dear kkrish
    You talk as if you are facing a daunting task of writing a 'bashyam' for a highly esoteric subject! What I have written, as I always do, is purely inane banter! You don't even have to read the post to write a feedback. It is like joining a jogging crowd without knowing the purpose of it.
    I really appreciate the pain that you have taken to respond to this thread.
    Sri

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I think you hit the nail when you said I looked upon this as an highly esoteric subject that needs a good feedback.
    That was my mistake.
    I should not even have worried about giving a feedback.
    So I'll just tell that I enjoyed the write up so much. Some writings are to be just relished. I did just that.

10. Cheeniya

@kkrish
    Oh no! That's bad news. I wanted you to join the bandwagon and make it merrier. Like a bath in Kutralam, the first plunge makes you weary but the moment you are in, you never want to come out!

kkrish likes this.