Ramana Maharishi Says....

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Goodgod, May 6, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question... How can I get peace ? I do not seen to obtain it through vicara ( self-enquiry).

Answer.....Peace is your natural state. It is the mind that obstructs the natural state. If you do not experience peace it means that your vicara has been made only in the mind. Investigate what mind is , and it will disappear. There is no such thing as mind apart from thought. Nevertheless, because of the emergence of thought, you surmise something from which it starts and term that the mind. When you probe to see what it is , you find there is really no such thing as mind. when the ming has thus vanished, you realize eternal peace.

Poetlatha, type2, geevee68 and 11 others like this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question.... Why does an Upanishad say, " He whom the Atman chooses, to him alone does It reveal Itself, not to others".Does not this seem arbitrary?

Maharishi ... NO. It is correct. It chooses those only who devote themselves to It, who become Its devotees. Such It draws them inwards to Itself. One must turn inward to find the Atman.He who thinks of It, It will draw to Itself. All thoughts as ' Attainment is hard' or 'Self realization is far from me ,'or ' I have got many difficulties to overcome to know the Reality,' should be given up, as they are obstacles; they are created by this false self, ego. They are untrue.

Do not doubt that you are the Reality; live in that understanding. Never question it by referring your realization of it to some future time. It is because people are victimized and hypnotized by such false thoughts that the Gita says that few out of millions realize the Self. The order of asramas ( four stages of life) was established as a general principle, i.e. to regulate the gradual development of the ordinary run of humanity. But in the case of one highly mature and fully ripe for Atma vicara there is no graduated development. In this case jnana vichara, i.e. the Self enquiry and the blooming of jnana , are immediate and quick.

4. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Is these all questions of Paul Brunton to Maharshi ? It is a pity I could not get to know any of their spiritual conversations from my late learned Grandfather, who had lot of respect for Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi. Thank you for this thread and also the photo.

5. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the photo..:worship2:

Your own Self-realization is the greatest service you can render the world-Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishi

6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

@PavithraS .....I am sorry . I have no idea . Usually I don't look into those details . I take them down into my dairy as they are coming to me.

geevee68 likes this.
  7. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

@Goodgod Yet another excellent initiative. True to your name here you are facilitating our getting closer to God through your various threads. God Bless You :worship2:

8. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question... How to root out the sexual impulse? How to realize it?

Maharishi....By rooting out the false idea of the body being the Self. There is no sex in the Self.
    Because you think you are the body, you see another also as a body. Difference in sex
    arises. But you are not the body. Be the real Self. Then there is no sex.

9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question.....What effort is necessary for reaching the self?

Maharishi...." I" should be destroyed . Self is not to be reached. Is there any moment when self is not ? It is not new . Be as you are . What is new cannot be permanent. What is real must always exist.

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

nice compilation Goodgod. Thank you. I have read many of his Q-A sessions. I love the simplicity in the answers. Everytime its a different meaning maybe our perception changes or our surrounding changes. Keep sharing

Poetlatha, type2, dasikajl and 3 others like this.