***** Ramamurthy Nagar,KrishnaRajaPuram YELLOW PAGES ******

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by swaran, Jan 3, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I need some information...

I am looking for someone who could do artificial jewellery for me near RM nagar...i have a lot of earings but not able to find the apt pendant or necklace...
    anybody has any information about someone who could make artificial jewellery for me ???
    .if the approx cost could be mentioned,it would be a great help??

thanks in advance.......

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. amsuganya

amsuganya New IL'ite

hi
    i know about that blush shop. i have been searching for good tailors around indirangar area. thanks for the info. BTW how much do they charge for designer blouse approximately? how many days they will take to stitch?

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suganya...sorry i have not given any in that shop..maybe our friend who posted her feedback can help

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: ******* TAILORS(Gents & Ladies) ********

Dearies,previously i had mentioned about this dezire boutique...now let me post few more points about the same place based on my recent experience...since i talked high about her,i feel i should also inform the drawbacks too

2-3 months back,i actually gave her a lot of sarees(7 sarees along with 5 chudis) for which blouses need to be stiched....for all i gave her the blouse materials too...out of the 7 blouses,2 were for normal sarees,1 was silk,2 good designer sarees,2 were moderate designer sarees...i dint hurry her and asked her to give whenever possible but just mentioned that all designs need to be different and nice be it the normal or costly saree...also i mentioned if you need to attach any brocade or anything else that would make the blouse nice,just get a consultation from me and continue...i dont mind about the price,i just want a neat design...this is the little backgraound,letme tell you what happened...

I got all my chudis delivered in a very short duration and stiching was perfect...for the blouses,i got them just 3 weeks back(2 blouses) and rest this week(one more pending with her -next week she said she would give)...initially for 2-3 blouses(out of 7) i picked some designs and gave her...later i found it difficult to mention the design for all,one reason was she used to say that this would not suit that saree or would not come well(regularly happens with other tailors too) and also i had belief that she would pick a good desgin for me....for them i had given her the corresponding sarees too to pick the right design(she asked for the same)..but to my surprise,all the 6 sarees had very limited desgin...i mean it looked like all had square neck with a small patch work at the back,nothing else even on the sleeves..for the normal sarres,it was ok,i dint mind(limited back design)...for 1 silk and 1 designer saree,it was a small patch work,the shape of patch work alone differed,one was square,one had some design...nothing on the sleeves...neither was any dori or something else attached(i had stiched similar backpatch with her for 2 blouses)...and the next designer saree had no desgin basically,she had used only the zari,looked normal again...there was only one desginer saree which was fine...she had used shimmer for sleeves and some other brocade cloth used as lines at the back...when i asked her,she said "too much design would not go with the saree...if you wear these with the saree,it would be diferent"...i was upset but dint make any other argument...my last blouse was not made,hence i sat with her and decided upon the design and told her to make like that...so here i ended up not completely satisfied...we too know about blouses and i am damn sure that for all these blouses,there was nothing like even the sleeves could not be given some designs basically

now,below i feel could be the reasons

(1) first and foremost i should not have given all 7 sarees for stitching at a time..most tailors create a problem here...i just wanted to finish with stiching blouses beforehand...my mistake

(2)should not have completely depended on her for deciding the designs...this i did because of my previous experience with her and also because i thought she would know which design would suit which saree and blouse material

(3)her daughter's marriage happened last week,she was handling all things underpressure for past 2 months...i kept calling her every week to get status about my blouses...so she might have thought "lets just compete the blouses and give her"...but this is not my problem and i waited for 3 months to get a simple blouse...but the moral is we should get to know whether they have other commitments...oh gosh,how do we do that for each tailor??

I know i have given a lenghty talk but i just wanted to warn you all based on my experience...its not that my blouse was ruined but it was not what i expected,expecially when you depend on a person and expect some different,this is what happens...now almost 3-4 blouses of mine would be of same design...i am planning to sit and do some kundan work on these...extra work for me...:-(

waiting for my last designer sarre...i ll post the feedback next week...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Swaran,
    I cant help admiring your commitment on this thread...it is really nice of you to come back and update even the drawbacks you experienced from a tailor you recommended to fellow ILites:)
    One thing I take care of while giving my dress for stitching is I try not to give them durnig festival times...the rush will be at peak and your dress might get stitched in some other pattern other than what you have asked for.Also not to give when the tailor is busy with something else, then she/he mightnot be able to give full attention to the clothes, the responsibility might be given to some other person for the time being.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a ton for those encouraging words. :)
    yes as you,i too dont give during festivals but this was totally different...i never rushed her for anything...i said take your time but maybe she felt bad for keeping me waiting state,hence she just delivered all but which failed my expectation..what to do :-(

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran,
    Wow you are doing mammoth service yaar....:bowdown I would like to read what prompted Iniya to name you aptly Sherlock but lack of time is preventing me v r in the process of getting net connection at home once finalises I will continue.... I had posted one post here before shifting to kolkata but it seems lost....

I got my Chudidar n blouses to one tailor in Shanti layout main road n he has done fabulous job but only problem is he delays too much... the tailor details are

"Good Fit Tailors" Shanti Layout main road ....it is at the end of the road (if you approach from tC palya road) next to some photo studio there are many tailoring shops but this one is near to some temple (I had shortage of time so couldnt observe much)....You need to give good fitting blouse if you have some minor problem tell him he knows Tamil as well he will fit accordingly once you get perfect fit blouse stitched by him give that blouse for subsequent as well he says he even undertakes designer but I have not gone for it for lack of time enquire well n give sample material then only proceed.........

PS: it seems the article is in Tamil so lost to me

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

*********tailors *****************

vJB...thanks for sharing dear...i ll go and have a look...
    any idea whether that guy undertakes kundan+zari work on blouses??...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear VJB...thanks for your compliments...yeah i got my new name because of winning in a story competition held by iniyamalar...had to guess the villan...the winners get a name and a small gana song written by iniyamalr herself...:)

so how are you??...

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I am fine just finished arranging the house the place here is very laid back n calm very different from the metros I am used to... I am now based in Uttarpara near Kolkata. How r u n family? I see you have removed Dhrithis pics....n stopped the Bangalore Tamil chat.... Iam missing Icy, Varalotti Sir, Chithuammas articles as I get about half an hour free time only, once net connection happens I hope to catch up. Iniyas idea seems very interesting pls ask her to do the same in English as well it will be fun.....
    About the tailor Zari n Kundan work I dont know I saw one shop newly opened next to Koshy Hospital there they do embroidary n stitching I will try them next time I visit Blre....Do chk them n input about them

For mobile repair works there is Somashekar Mobile repair shop just down the petrol pump on Kalkere road the boys do excellent job at reasonable price

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011