***** Ramamurthy Nagar,KrishnaRajaPuram YELLOW PAGES ******

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by swaran, Jan 3, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All Friends...

All of us keep looking for best places/shops to buy our day-to-day needs....be it purchasing a Rs 10 item or a Rs 10000 item,almost all of us look for quality...it happens so in many cases that either we get the product at more cost or the product may not be of good quality ...in both cases,we end up getting sad...this i believe could get reduced if we get reviews on the shops and products before we buy..in this fast moving bangalore,many like me dont find enough time to get reviews and end up doing a trial and error method while getting the products...i am new to bangalore,so that again adds to my lack of knowledge about shops :bonk

i personally have roamed/still roaming a lot in search of good quality...having a 13 month toddler at home,makes it difficult for me to move to different places of bangalore to get good quality items and personal services...so its like i have to search all my products in my nearby locality only...which is KRISHNARAJAPURAM and .5 kms this side and that side is kind of possible for me...

So i guess many of you like me would also be exploring shops and products to get the correct one...hence i have opened this thread to share our reviews on shops and personal services available in and a little around KRPURAM...

A special special thanks to VJBunny who inspired me to create this thread

Moderators :: By opening this thread,i am trying to only help others and get help about various personal services...and hence am not trying to promote anybody personally or their business

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

*****cake shops****

So let me start with the review about the cake shop from where i purchased cake for my DD's first birthday...it was indeed a tiresome experience for me...i had even opened a thread in bangalore forum asking for help....got many but ultimately due to lack of time,i had to look for some cake shop near to my place..my neighbour suggested Amma's pasteries...initially i was not much interested but later gave a visit to their branch in Banaswadi

to know my experience ,please visit the link to know more...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...82-cake-shops-in-around-krishnarajapuram.html

So next time too i would goto AMMA's PASTERIES,BANASWADI for upcoming occasions/functions...
    i have recommended/recommending these guys to my friends and neighbours in bangalore tooo...
    now i would like to recommend them to all my IL pals....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

******* TAILORS(Gents & Ladies) ********

Here comes the most important search for we ladies which we keep searching and rarely get satisfied....same with my case

Letme first provide my suggestion for Gents tailor

"BOMBAY TAILORS....Kalkere main road"

for my DH and FIL,we had tried 2-3 tailors and found these bombay tailors better with stiching,alteration...sometimes we have even bought pant/shirt materials from them and the cloth is also fine...reasonable price...and they dont take too long to deliver...

Ladies Tailor...here i would like to say about three tailors....

"SURUSHA(or sushrusha...sorry dont remember the spelling correctly) TAILORS" - street opposite to the crazy fox showroom building in ramamurthy nagar main road,this street is also next to the church on the main road...if you walk inside the street,the shop could be found in less than 2 min...these people stitch both salwars and blouses...cost is less and prompt delivery...the only problem is lack of much designs...they have basic designs and if you give them some design which is not available in their list,its at your own risk,it might come or might not...alterations these people do but but it would take a lot of time,again risky...i have tried and really have got bugged up got back my altered dress after 3 months...really 3 months..what i gave for alteration?...one salwar whose sleeves need to be fitted properly,one salwar whose body had to be altered and some other dress(dont remember) ...but seriously their fittings are good and on time delivery(less delay)...i have had no serious issues with them...god job

"CHAMUDESHWARI TAILORS" -last shop in the complex opposite to the holy faith church in ramamurthy nagar...these people also similar to SUSRUSHA and the shops are also pretty close...Chamundeshwari tailors have designs but not much...very fast delivery...matter of 2-3 days...do alterations and also soon....good job...good fittings... but just like sushrusha,if you are looking for designer pieces,these people might not suit..have basic designs..the lady here does light kundan designs too at nominal rate...i have given light work to her and i am ok with it...also,in case i just want a normal blouse with not much work,i give to this lady

DEZIRE BOUTIQUE ---street opposite to the Rashi Diagnostics center(baldwin school),Banaswadi....this lady is really good when it comes to designer stiching...not much delay in delivering....desgins really good...a little high price,....not too much...i have given around 5-6 blouses till now and i am very happy...have given a chudi to her and waiting for the delivery...let me get and pos my reviwe about chudi stiching...but i am till now fully convienced with her in designer blouses...only drawback,she is not taking up much embroiderykundan combo deisgns on blouses...she does kundans...
    for my review check the link below

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...re/113038-plz-help-stitch-wedding-blouse.html

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

****yoga classes****

For Yoga,there is a guru called Ragavendra Guruji who conducts yoga classes in ramamurthy nagar...
    YOGAATHMA INTERNATIONAL....charges are fine...its a 2 month course...its 1500/person for 2 months...only weekday classes..mon-fri you can take up the morning batch 6-6.45 or eve 7- 7.45....i heard that he is planning to start classes in the morning after 10 for homemakers... i personally have taken the 2 month course but because of my office,home schedule,i am not able to continue....i felt good after taking the classes,hence recommending to you all....hoping to continue in next month or so...

visit the website yogaathma org for more details....

Location : ramamurthy nagar main road..opposite to the icicibank atm...above LULU gift shop...Lotus party hall is in the 2nd floor and yoga classes in the first floor

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

*****medical shop****

Now this is a really important one...

Here i dont have 2-3 shops to refer...its just one and only one...

DOORAVANI MEDICALS

i feel these people are the best...name the medicine,these people would have it...even the lotions and creams (baby products) that you dont find everywhere,you can get here....
    to give you an example...when i had to join office after my maternity leave,i was searching for breast pump...roamed all over ramamurthy nagar but couldn;t find a single medical shop who sell...atlast when i asked dooravani medicals,i was initially given a normal pump,when i said,this dint fit properly,the shopkeeper asked for some few days and got a new pump and also exchanged the one that dint work...
    so whatever be the medicines or baby products(diapers,creams,soaps,formula,powders,tissues etc),i immedicately go only to Dooranvani medicals

Location:On the ramamurthy nagar main road,almost all people there know this shop

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello swaran

Very good Job. I stay in Akshaya Nagar near to NRI layout.
    Your post if very useful to me. I was looking for good tailors in this area for a long time.

Please keep updating.

regards
    Shobha

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thank you sobhi for your first feedback...happy to help you dear..:)...also please contribute your reviews and feedbacks about various shops....

8. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran

I stumble upon this thread while searching for a tailor in Banaswadi area. Kudos to you for starting this thread. As I am new to this area, I dont know much about different shops and other facilities. This thread is a good stating place for our search. Can you suggest me some carpenter or shop who sell wooden puja temple. I want a small one for my house . I searched in some shops on ring road but they were very big and too costly.

Waiting for your reply.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran,
    Sorry yaar I didnt know you have started this thread n mentioned my name Thank You........But in the end I need to give you a big Thanks for when I visit my place I will know for sure where to get What from you (n your thread).....:bowdown

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Didnt you try the Shop Inc Suggested in Thippasandra?
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...good-places-buy-pooja-mantap.html#post1586504

Actually I saw some in Big Bazaar in Old Madras Road but I dont remember the price.....
    If you have been to these places please leave your reviews here..........