1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Raising An Intelligent Kid

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by catherine26, Sep 21, 2017.

1. catherine26

catherine26 Senior IL'ite

hi,
    How to raise an intelligent kid?we planning to put our kid in preschool in next week .i need an suggestion how to raise an intelligent kid and how to help him to memory the things? What are the teaching methods to help him to be a first in class ..please help ?i don't no how to teach a school syllables to make my son to memorise..

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Memorize may be necessary in case of rhymes but in the long run a child needs to understand and learn . Sure ur kid will be an intelligent kid . Every child is a genius. All the best. Standing first in class is good but it is not only criteria to prove a child's intelligence. Make the kid learn rhymes , use flash cards and picture books at home to teach animals ,birds, many things like what a doctor does etc using pictures, little craft work u can do at home. I am sure few of the things I given will be dealt in school. Hope u have a great time.

sheztheone likes this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

What is your measurement / criteria for a kid to be known as 'intelligent' ?

If he / she memorises n says rhymes to every aunty n uncle that comes home, are they intelligent ?

Or their intelligence is proved only by the school grading system ?

I would personally say this kind of thinking or pressure is not good for you or the child.

Your kid is entering pre school, let him get used to the environment first n start enjoying. Focus on his social skills first, let him make friends, talk properly, respect everybody, learn to not hurt other kids, play together, build character, etc.

Let the school focus on his academics, you can spend an hour a day to jus go through want he learnt that day in school.

As he grows, check his interests, whether hes good in studies or sports or some other skills. Focus on that skills, nurture it, give additional classes n that will make him an expert in that, make him shine, make him first, show he's intelligent to others n in turn, you would have raised a happy n a good human.

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. This is what a preschool
    And parents has to focus.

5. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

@ashneys I completely agree with your way of teaching kid. Two thumbs up.:clap2:

6. Grace09

Grace09 Senior IL'ite

The best way to improve memory is to make the learning task interesting and engaging, this will lead to repetition and also helps form new cognitive maps in mind. Focus on creating an engaging, interactive learning environment that both satisfy the child's curiosity and invoke new curiosity about the world around him / her, the rest of outcomrs will come by on its own.

Amica likes this.
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hey....

Your kid is a preschooler... So first let your child see other kids like him/her, make friends, play with them, laugh with them and talk with them....

There is absolutely no need to worry.... kids adapt themselves easily to any situation....

Every kid is unique and different, every kid grasps and understands things in a different way and likewise every kid's interest varies.... Never ever compare your kid with others....

This is an opportunity for you to revisit your childhood