1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rainy Day Musings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

This I truly and sincerely believe is the highest compliment I have received. Thank you! I find myself too and often debating about God but I have no doubt in my mind about the quiet moments that can sneak in to our days!

Now, I have clean up my bookshelves or the book collection I have may not hold any meaning. That is the job for winter months :)

kaniths likes this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    In Hyderabad the first rain after a scoring summer is the most welcome thing. I like the smell of earth so much!!!!
    In London rain is almost a routine thing....it is sunny and in to time it drizzles for a few minutes and sun appears and then spectacular rainbow appears! Sometimes double rainbows!!!! Relative to life also. After little disturbances when rainbow is bound to come how happy we feel!!!
    Yes, we do meet interesting people at libraries, book shops, airports, bus stops anywhere and it makes our day. Somewhere wavelengths meet!!!
    Digressing....a few years back I used to meet a librarian (the most frequented place). We used to have a chat....she used to suggest books saying you would love it or after knowing my tastes tell about new books in that genre. When I went after a week she was not there! In the place a huge inhuman machine is there....to return or get books!
    I love Barnes Abd Nobles, Borders and Foyles here! Never came out empty handed?
    Syamala

Srama likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    I envy those who are enjoing the rain and describing it in beautiful poetic way. How I would love to smell the first monsoon rain hitting the ground and the rain drops glistening on the window glass !
    Once upon a time I was a book worm and a voracious reader. Now I can't spend as much time as I wish to read books. Long to travel back to those good olden days.
    PS

kkrish and Srama like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

My bff and I rarely get to see each other. When she, just like that, drops by my door unexpectedly, I'm the most happiest person in the world! There is this lingering joy and warmth in my heart that will last until her next visit, however longer it may take between. Rains in Dubai are like the same for me. It sure knows how to rightly suprise and make us all swoon over its sweet arrival! :hearteyes: Lol. I love rains. Well, who doesn't?

Lovely snippet as always, enjoyed reading about the conversation and other musings. Thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    jskls and Srama like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

All I can say (at the risk of sounding cliche) is to thank you for taking me on a virtual trip with you on your outing. I was there while reading your words, enjoying the scene in the shop, imagining the fall colours, feeling the drizzle on my face, having a cuppa with you ..... :blush:

I am waiting for the right time and opportunity to take up your invitation. Until then I have to content myself with your words. :)

Srama and kaniths like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For a change here is my response through a lilting song on rain by Hariharan:

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Its natural! :facepalm:

satchitananda and Srama like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Your "Rainy day musings" snippet is like a gentle breeze after hurricane Irma. When such catastrophic events happens, it humbles us so much. My son and I were watching the battle among wind, rain, fire and earth. The wind was blowing so hard making the rain to fall parallel to the earth. When the tree fell on the power line or when a transformer blew up, the blue flame emanating from that spread across due to wind but was immediately put off by the rain as though settling score with the wind to demonstrate its power. The trees were shaking as though rejecting the effort of the wind stating my bonding with the earth is much stronger. The wind could finally make some branches fall but the trees stayed strong on their bonds with the earth. We ended up watching this battle through out the night.

No matter how many times we hear from you about your love for nature, it doesn't tire us. Your conversation with the lady was interesting especially you telling her about Navarathri and she remembering the festivals of the native Indians.

There is no one better than feeling spiritual connecting with nature than the native Indians. It reminded me of their song

The earth is our mother,
    we must take care of her.

Hey yanna, ho yanna, hey yan yan.

Her sacred ground we walk upon,
    with every step we take.

The earth is our mother,
    she will take care of us.

Viswa

girvani, satchitananda and Srama like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@shyamala1234 Dear Syamala,

Do you enjoy the London rain? I have always wondered about it. But knowing a rainbow will appear is so much fun. The smell of earth when it rains is "Petrichor" I believe :) I have never yet met anyone who doesn't like that!

I hear you about libraries. Humans make such a difference. In fact I used to take my kids for story time and believe it or not, my students love it when I read to them, even now. Oh I can only imagine you spending all that time and money in the book store. Have fun!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,

This here,
    made me smile. Thank you for your words. Oh! I go through that phase too - when I am obsessed with reading and then I fall off. Like everything else, I keep getting back up and trying.

Thank you for your feedback as always!